Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool Edit Causes Mastercam to Freeze

Every stinking time I try to edit a tool in mastercam or create a tool in the tool manager, or anything like this, mastercam freezes. (Tool Manager freezes everything freezes,) . It's driving me crazy!! How do i stop this? I'm running the mastercam demo for school and I need to create a specific chamfer mill that isn't in the list and I can't do it. 

• 6 months later...

If you must turn off hardware acceleration to get the software to run then its likely that the system does not meet the minimum requirements for a dedicated graphics card. The best solution here is get a new computer that meets requirements or upgrade the graphics on the system because not meeting the Hardware requirements to run the software is asking for nothing but problems in my opinion. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Kurt Gabriel said:

Intel UHD Graphics 620 Card

this is not an approved video card for Mastercam.

If you don't want to spring for a workstation class laptop with a Quadro video card

get a gaming laptop with a GeForce gaming video card.

You can make that Intel card work (sort of) but you will suffer very poor performance

and have nothing but trouble.

• 2 years later...

If you must turn off hardware acceleration to get the software to run then its likely that the system does not meet the minimum requirements for a dedicated graphics card. The best solution here is get a new computer that meets requirements or upgrade the graphics on the system because not meeting the Hardware requirements to run the software is asking for nothing but problems in my opinion. 

On 11/10/2018 at 9:25 AM, gcode said:

this is not an approved video card for Mastercam.

If you don't want to spring for a workstation class laptop with a Quadro video card

get a gaming laptop with a GeForce gaming video card.

You can make that Intel card work (sort of) but you will suffer very poor performance

and have nothing but trouble.

It's also possible there are breaking issues with certain versions of intel graphics, I know Mastercam runs fine on the latest intel, the simulator is probably the worst performing part.

On 11/5/2018 at 10:38 AM, JoshC said:

5 hours ago, KimberlyPowell said:

Echo...Echo...Echo