Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

.03 fillet on 2 cross holes

Roger

Can anyone look at the attached Mastercam 2017 file, and give advice on machining the two .03 fillets shown in green?  What tool paths, etc.  Or show an example on how to do it?

Edited by Roger
removed attachment

Pretty sure I saw an example of this exact type somewhere.

They used a lollipop cutter coming from the top, or you could come through the bore too I would think.

It may be in 2019 in the new deburr toolpath but I'm not 100%

Do you have 2018? I don't have 2017 anymore. But I just created a flowline path with a .250 dia lollipop and it seems like it would do the trick

Capture.JPG

2 minutes ago, nickbe10 said:

Hey JP,

My security system won't let me look at the file.

Am interested in what your strategy is.....no need for too much detail

Just a simple Flowline with the direction use for getting in & out  nuttin' fancy

12 minutes ago, #Rekd™ said:

I know this is Gibbs but I thought it would be a great addition to Mastercam.

Ouch... You just remembered me how ugly Gibbs UI is...

I was trained on it a few moons ago... functional but POS...

Don´t know how they manage to convince new shops to buy it... Kudos to them for it...

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, Jay Kramer @ Precision Programming said:

if you have Multiaxis use Morph and set for 3axis with the lolipop. use the inner and out edges to to use as you from and to curves and the green faces as the drive surfaces.
Showing this to my students tonight in class.

I do have Multiaxis.  Would you be willing to share that file?  I've never used any of those tool paths, and would love to see an example!

• 1 month later...

Jay,  Thanks for helping on this!!!  I ran the parts today using your morph tool path sample, and they turned out really nice!!!  When I tried to export your tool path into my file, and reselect the geometry, I get an error message.  (See jpg's)  I couldn't find any where to select check surfaces.

I think I like the surface finish flowline tool path better, But I couldn't get the flow direction the same as yours.

If you get time please look at the attached MC 2017 file, and let me know what I'm doing wrong.  Since the parts are done now, I can now quit shaking..........:whistle:

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-4.jpg

TEST 5-23-18.mcam