Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post processor lathe - what post to choose

Our company has a Doosan PUMA 240 MSB with C axis , live tooling, sub spindle and Fanuc 18i-tb control

We have a Post from Inhouse I have some trouble of getting to work correctly with live milling in c axis mode.

i have trouble with M88 and M90 clamping when face milling, it is in wrong place, it activates M88 in G0 and

the machine errors out.

When manually edit the program we get it to work, but it would be nice to get the code right for the machine and

do other stuff instead of hand edit.

I have received a suggestion for solution from my reseller, but it did not put the M88 right where i wanted it and since our current post is  from Inhouse and have a locked psb

file we suspect it is something inside there we need to change, i got a code snippet that inserts as a sub

mtlchg

subout$ = 1

pbld, n$, pclampbrake, e$

subout$ = 0

and some more code to use as a workaround, but it did not place the M88 and M90 where it supposed too.

M88 can not be active in G0 Mode.

So, 

My reseller suggested I start over with a new post file, and suggested mplmaster instead of using the Inhouse encrypted post file.

What i wonder in all this is:

If starting again from X2018, would you recommend MPLMASTER or MPLFAN as your choice?

this is not a post request, just hoping for guidance to choose right from the start, hopefully.

Regards, G

Hi, thanks for reply!

My reseller told me it need to be opened for maintenance and the lead time for support was some weeks on replying ( as my reseller also have lol), I am willing to pay for the service anyway, and i also want to build a new post for learning more so both options are considered. Do I need to contact IHS trough reseller to get help if its under maintenance?

43 minutes ago, geirsj said:

Do I need to contact IHS trough reseller to get help if its under maintenance?

Yes, IHS works through the Reseller network. So your requests for changes should go through the Reseller.

Now, I have had occasions where that back-and-forth communication was taking too long, and the issues were not getting resolved. As long as you started the request through the proper channels, I see no reason not to try and "elevate" the request if a solution that is presented doesn't work properly. In some cases, I've requested to be able to work directly with the Post Developer that is making the changes, but that was for some very complex stuff.

You could certainly start building your own new Post, using either MPLMaster or the Generic Fanuc 4X MT_Lathe Post as a starting point. Either one would be a good "base post" to build off of, since all the logic is available for you to edit.

• Thanks 1