Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Arc Filter and tolerance input

Metallic

2 hours ago, Old_Bear said:

Simple answer is yes..

The more complete answer is tightening the tolerance enough but leaving enough tolerance to actually generate arcs where applicable.

Machines can vary...I have found ours like a .0006" Total Tolerance with a 66.65% Line/Arc Tol, 35.35 Cut Tol

I've seen some run tighter, some more open...some machine don't want arcs, they prefer the line code...

Can I ask you what machine in particular that is? Thank you

Some solid models come into mastercam worse than others.(I always seem to fight Catia and old auto desk stuff coming in dirty) I turn on my arc filter for all high speed paths and also Finnish contours... 50% usually seems to get the best of both worlds... Especially when you run into parts with arcs that start looking faceted when machined in actual material... I can snag you some pictures of surface Finnish results with and without arc filter on if you want to see what I'm talking about... 100 percent difference even in our okk horizontals with crazy AICC 2 lookahead