Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

engraving small num,bers and letters

movillermv

15 hours ago, #Rekd™ said:

I have always wanted to try these.

http://nine9.jic-tools.com.tw/engraving-tool-60.html

we use them and they work like a charm if you dont engrave more than .01 deep 

we also own an SIC-MARKING Dot pen engraving machine, it's like 500x faster than a CNC 

https://www.sic-marking.com/e10-c153-dot-peen-marking-machine

• Thanks 1

1mm  ball end .  A depth of just 0.03 mm gives you readable text .  0.06 mm deep is  good for most applications ( matrix calendars ,  recycle markings ). The main reason for it's use 

is because it's the  smallest ball end I have permanently in my tool magazine of 24 pcs...

Gracjan 

We used Harvey engraving tools for some of our hardened blocks but we also used 1/32 ball mills.  Most of the stuff we engraved only had to be legible so .005" - .010" was the deepest we went.  Some of our customers had really strict "tolerances" on their logo so that's when we went with the Harvey tools.