Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MC2018 Create Plane, auto set WCS, Cplane and Tplane

13 minutes ago, Thee Rickster ™ said:

Jay, I wish I know what view sheets are and how to use them.

At this pint i have never tried to figure it out. Can you link a video on it?

Think of them as something like tabs in your browser.

You can have them set to anything, me I like to have a viewsheet for each plane that I create then "save viewsheet bookmark".

Now every time you click on that viewsheet, it will have that orientation, plane, levels etc that were visible when you saved the bookmark.

If you want to change it, just set it how you want it and then hit save bookmark again to overwrite it.

2 hours ago, jeff said:

Think of them as something like tabs in your browser.

You can have them set to anything, me I like to have a viewsheet for each plane that I create then "save viewsheet bookmark".

Now every time you click on that viewsheet, it will have that orientation, plane, levels etc that were visible when you saved the bookmark.

If you want to change it, just set it how you want it and then hit save bookmark again to overwrite it.

And just don't expect your last book mark to be the active one when you open the file and your golden. :whistle:

Seriously why have something so powerful not remember what was the last state it was at when the session was closed?

We get an slot added the planes manager or operations manager for managing the Viewsheets and it will be just about perfect.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, C^Millman said:

And just don't expect your last book mark to be the active one when you open the file and your golden. :whistle:

Seriously why have something so powerful not remember what was the last state it was at when the session was closed?

We get an slot added the planes manager or operations manager for managing the Viewsheets and it will be just about perfect.

That's a huge pet peeve with me.

• Like 1
On 5/3/2018 at 10:59 AM, Thee Rickster ™ said:

Jay, I wish I know what view sheets are and how to use them.

At this pint i have never tried to figure it out. Can you link a video on it?

I do not have a video I can link. but may this week I can create one. would that do?