Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Plunging Toolpath in Open Pocket / Island Milling

Hey all, 

I am very new to Mastercam (I've done a bit of Gibbscam, but Mastercam's chaining is still confusing to me). I am trying to machine a long curved slot with open edges (could this be considered two islands? Or an open pocket?). I selected 3 chains, one as the entire outline of the part, the second as one "island", or one side of the slot, and the third as the other island or other side of the slot. When I run the simulation, instead of milling out the slot in a horizontal curved single path (the slot is 1/4 inch wide, using a 1/4 inch endmill), it plunges up and down repeatedly, moving forward only a bit with each plunge and missing spots. It's probably a toolpath setting, but I'm not sure what could be wrong. Any help would be great. My file is attached. Thank you!

Top_clamp_frame_upper2.emcam

• 1 month later...