Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Haas dwo/tcpc

msg

So Im trying to determine if using dwo would help us, we have a t200 trunion on our haas and we have been programing it to the center of the trunion.  I watched a haas video and it shows you just need a coordinate on the top of the part in mastercam, im assuming a fixture offset is needed from c/l of the rotary. anyone here using it? any suggestions?  It sure looks like it would really simplify things.

Thanks.

heres the vid,

• Like 1
1 hour ago, C^Millman said:

Think of it this way. Programming your 5 Axis like you would you 3 Axis for setup and workoffsets. The difference if you decide a place where you want your X Zero, Y Zero and Z Zero. You program you part there touch off your part there and done.

So when you add a g254 to the program do you still need a g54 offset tell the machine where the part actually is?

17 minutes ago, Watcher said:

Could not think about a scenario where having dwo/rtcp/rpcp as a possibility in the control is a bad thing. If you don't want to use it just don't call their codes. If you need them, they will be there. 

From what it looks like I couldn't agree more. 

17 hours ago, Mark @ PPG said:

I might not be the biggest fan of Haas equipment, but I sure admire their effort in educating machinists and creating those videos. Something other MTB's could learn from for sure.

Yes I agree on that front they are doing more hands down than any other MTB in the USA. Others are so focused on just sales and not support. We program many HAAS machines for customers and they are getting their work done that is good for them.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, msg said:

So when you add a g254 to the program do you still need a g54 offset tell the machine where the part actually is?

Yes all you are doing it activating the control to map all the indexes and coordinates back the G54 and the control like many other controls is doing the heavy lifting in the calculations for you. Old school was way to program everything from center of rotation. Then you would teach your tools like a 3 Axis machine, but the post did all the work solving the calculations for the machine. With DWO/TCP now you program like a 3 Axis machine, setup like a 3 Axis machine and you are done. Problem is the disconnect in the process to do this. Trust me it was much harder to do 5 Axis than it is today with all these additions. Still not a point and shoot process, but if you think out the process correctly and go about everything the right way then you should be able program 5 Axis and Machine 5 Axis in today Manufacturing with a good bit of success.

52 minutes ago, C^Millman said:

Yes all you are doing it activating the control to map all the indexes and coordinates back the G54 and the control like many other controls is doing the heavy lifting in the calculations for you. Old school was way to program everything from center of rotation. Then you would teach your tools like a 3 Axis machine, but the post did all the work solving the calculations for the machine. With DWO/TCP now you program like a 3 Axis machine, setup like a 3 Axis machine and you are done. Problem is the disconnect in the process to do this. Trust me it was much harder to do 5 Axis than it is today with all these additions. Still not a point and shoot process, but if you think out the process correctly and go about everything the right way then you should be able program 5 Axis and Machine 5 Axis in today Manufacturing with a good bit of success.

awesome. Im going to program a part and activate the dwo option and try it out.

thanks for all the responses.