Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Drilling syntax for a Fagor 8065

So not a Guru

Does anyone know the proper syntax for peck drilling?

The machine manufacturer apparently uses some type of sub-routine and actually does't know the correct syntax, he's had me try a few different things, but everything gives an error. The programming manual states that it uses G83, but does not give any syntax examples.

Up till now this company only used the machine for very limited applications, so this is the 1st time a peck drill has been attempted on it.

We have a Postability post, but without knowing the correct syntax, I have no way to tell them what we need.

26 minutes ago, So not a Guru said:

Does anyone know the proper syntax for peck drilling?

The machine manufacturer apparently uses some type of sub-routine and actually does't know the correct syntax, he's had me try a few different things, but everything gives an error. The programming manual states that it uses G83, but does not give any syntax examples.

Up till now this company only used the machine for very limited applications, so this is the 1st time a peck drill has been attempted on it.

We have a Postability post, but without knowing the correct syntax, I have no way to tell them what we need.

Long code it then and call it a day. They can make long code that will mimic the G83 and yes a lot more code, but it will get the job done.

• Like 1
  • Huh? 1
Just now, Leon82 said:

Will you be able to get it to calculate the math for number of pecks based on drill depth?

Yeah, I don't think that would be too difficult. But I discovered that the MD/CD/Post set already has Fagor's G69 decrementing peck cycle incorporated, so I'll just use that for the time being, as it appears to be a better option.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2018 at 5:01 PM, Dave Thomson from Postability said:

what's up with your specific post

What's up with the post is that I wasn't setting the proper parameters in the drilling page :wacko:. The post is outputting the code correctly. The trouble is that our Fagor controller is giving us a "unknown g code" error, whenever it reads the G69.

Our MTB is supposed to be looking into it.