Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Traub Face Milling?

Etrain

Hello, Does anyone have experience running a Traub mill/turn? Our machine is a Traub TNA 300 and has XYZC axis. I'm having some issues with G17 Face Milling. If I start my tool-path in positive XY the machine executes no problem. However, if there are any features in a negative quadrant that I put tool-paths on the machine does not like it. Has anyone had this issue before??

image.png.88977f96ad9153720a8dc85f74a3dc3d.png

You need to program using Planes to rotate your toolpaths to be in the correct place for the machine. This is pretty common and where using the C axis for full type of work is what you do if the part allows it. Sometimes the shape of the part requires you do part of it and then position and do the other part of it.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Etrain said:

Hey guys,

I did some research and I have an update. You can start milling in a negative quadrant, as long as you give an approach move reference point. This works for Traub but it may work for different machines. Good luck!

image.png.835373233f25b869b16a07e654084f0c.png

Okay needed to give the machine enough room to make the movement needed to get into place. Thanks for the update.