Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New seat 2018

mold100

Good day all ....... Pulled the trigger, opened my own tool shop taking over a lease on some older equipment. I just purchased a used FADAL which I am solid with using, post config and such, but now also have an older Mori SL3 with a Fanuc T6 controller that the X is backwards from the rest of world. I am NOT a lathe guy so I will be asking many questions as I have work for this machine and is fairly complex (to me) profile so I will be seeking some help, tips and tricks ....... My seat of 30 day eval while the banking process goes kicks off today and very excited ..... Mill 3 + Lathe

Anyone have experience programming Mcam with this Lathe, I would say its mid 80s just a guess but a tank and good lathe to start out with I spose ......

• Like 1

from the default 2X Fanuc lathe post which can be found at

"C:\Users\Public\Documents\shared Mcam2018\lathe\Posts\Generic Fanuc 2X Lathe.pst"

#Machine axis switches, initial
old_new_sw   : 1     #Switch old (6T), new (0T+) cycle formats, 0=old, 1=new
wcs_origin   : 0     #Always use the WCS origin for coordinates
dia_mult     : 2     #Multiplier for output on X axis (Neg. switches sign of X)  <--------------- change the 2 to -2
z_mult       : 1     #Multiplier for output on Z axis (Neg. switches sign of Z)
dia_shift    : 0     #Shift for output on X axis, radial entry
z_shift      : 0     #Shift for output on Z axis
map_home     : yes$  #Use home positions as entered or map to machine axis

this should get you started

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

nicely done sir

just had a guy i know call me to do some programming for him. has owned his shop for 2 plus years, anyhoo his programmer took his jacked seat of mastercam and split on him. he has lots of work and i respect him for stepping up for business but not so much for taking the free ride.

I declined lol

• Like 1

google is you friend lol, carefull I have no verification   

Hi all.

I have 2 Nakamura lathes. One is a 0T control from 1995, TMC-15, and the other is a 1985 model Slant with 6T control. 

From day one I was always pissed that X axis was negative away from part center. Any positive diameter was a X-. Well, for anyone else that has this issue and wants to change it, this is what I did. Im still working on the 6T control since I dont have a param manual for it, but for the 0T, this worked PERFECT!!!

Enable PWE

Diagnostics Page

ES142 is X axis direction
Its located at D514-2 so just change what ever yours is to the opposite. This will reverse the motion on the axis (so it is essentially backwards)

Go into servo settings, and change the X axis direction 111 or -111 to the opposite, this will correct the motion and the axis + or -

Now the issue is homing, it will home the wrong direction now

go into parameter #3, bit 0 is the x axis homing direction, change it to opposite what it is now. 

restart the machine, rehome, and check your tool offsets. 

Unfortunately the 6T is not quite as easy. This should help though.

another post

1. Zero return X axis. 
2. Change parameter 12 bit 0 (1 to 0/or 0 to 1). 
3. Exchange the parameters between 143 and 147 but leave the signs. (143 is always positive, 147 is always negative value). 
4. Change the sign on parameter 82, do not change the value. 
5. Shut the machine off and swap motor wires on X axis servo (Switch XA1 and XA2) 
6. Locate the Pulse coder on the end of the Ball screw, and switch wires on Pin A and B, also D and E in the connector housing, If you find the pulse coder in the Yellow cap, then skip next procedure(procedure 7). 
7. Switch polarity on Tacho Generator on Pin A and B on the yellow cap. 
8. Swap the Jog '+' and '-' by changing wires. (swap wires 576 and 577). 
9. Restart the NC. 
10. If you have FAPT and are using it, you must change the sign of MTF parameter 1050.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2018 at 11:33 AM, RaiderX said:

nicely done sir

just had a guy i know call me to do some programming for him. has owned his shop for 2 plus years, anyhoo his programmer took his jacked seat of mastercam and split on him. he has lots of work and i respect him for stepping up for business but not so much for taking the free ride.

I declined lol

Tell him you'll be happy to help once he buys a seat

On 5/25/2018 at 3:33 PM, RaiderX said:

nicely done sir

I declined lol

15 years ago I worked for 3 years in a small tooling shop and used a bootleg copy of MC.

Back then I was really immature, single, and was coming from a previous role as CNC operator, so moving to programming was everything I wanted. I didn´t care about that, and to be honest, didn´t even know how to report that even if I wanted. The owners were good people, gave me a chance when I asked for one, and the last thing I´d do was to report them.

After that shop I moved to a big aerospace company and learned many things including the importance of being legit and all benefits that comes with it, from training resources to support.

I never had to do wrong again and today I´d not accept a job offer in a company that chooses the free ride. It´s just far away from who I strive to be and from what´s right.

16 hours ago, gcode said:

Tell him you'll be happy to help once he buys a seat

That's what I would do.

I personally have been tempted to buy a seat for myself.  Once I sell my "spare" house I'll have the cash to comfortably take the plunge.  I occasionally have some opportunities pop up to do some contract programming and have had to decline as I don't have software.  If the shop will supply it, no problem.  But I personally have trouble helping guys that don't keep their software up to date.  It's a pita to maintain old version software.  Once you make pathways of using new tools, going back is painful, and usually unnecessary.

Anyway, sunday ramblings.  Time to go jump in the pool.