Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

CIRCLE DIAMETER PARAMETER

1 hour ago, jeff.D said:

param12207 is initialized the same way you would initialize any non-global variable in MP;  "(left margin)param12207 : 0"

Try this; 

1. Open a new file and load your machine - DO NOT create any geometry 
  2. Press the F9 key to display the axis lines
  3. Create a circle mill toolpath, and select the origin point for the geometry 
  4. Under the toolpath's cut parameters, enter a diameter in the "Circle diameter" text box
  5. Post the file and see if the diameter entered in step 4  is present in the posted file.

Hi Jeff,
   I just wonder what are the differences between the "rpar(sparameter$, 0) and "rpar(sparameter$, 1)"?  I saw you defined as "ZERO"  When do I use ZERO and when do I use ONE?

Thanks,
   S.Luong

1 minute ago, C^Millman said:

Perfect then please share the wrong process so you can teach others what not to do. Thank you.

Hi MillMan,
   I am apologize for making you unhappy.  Well, I am not the best like you guys and I am trying to be like you guys. hiihihihhi...

7 hours ago, PcRobotic said:

Hi MillMan,
   I am apologize for making you unhappy.  Well, I am not the best like you guys and I am trying to be like you guys. hiihihihhi...

S Loung you took that the wrong way sir. Anything learned is learned 1 of 2 ways. Trial and error or instruction from someone who has been taught or learned through trail and error themselves. I am 99.5% self taught in Mastercam and I share what I have learned to others to keep them from repeating the same mistakes I have made. You have what I think are good things you want to accomplish. Do I think they are needed in a majority of the shops no I don't, but that doesn't diminish their worth or value. You charged off in this direction and you got insight, but no of us are sitting next to you seeing who and where you got to the point of discovery. You learned a thing and sorry if I thought you were willing to share what you learned so others wouldn't have to go through the same trail you did to learn it. Guess I am the crazy person always sharing too much and putting to much effort into this forum to help others. I am very happy person and wish you the best and glad you seemed to have solved your problem.

One thing I am not the best there is always someone better when you fall into the trap of thinking you are best then you putting your self in a glass house on a gravel road giving everyone around you the rocks and daring them to not throw them in your direction. ;);)

Have a good day. :):)

• Thanks 1