Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Letter designation

Hello all

first timer using the debug and trying to customize my post.  Currently my Fanuc post will generate :

N32 G28 X0. Y0. A0.

What I want is:

N32 G28 X0. Y0. W0.

From what I see it has something to do with pfcout,cabs and/or cinc. What I am not seeing is how it is using the letter "A" over any other letter in the alphabet . Is there a list of numbers that correspond with letters. Just need a hint in the right direction.

Thanks

ahhhh I found the fmt .  So it has "A" 11cabs and "A" 14 cinc. What do 11 and 14 represent?

Also I see I will have to remove this line or replace the rotary with the Quill "W" axis . Is it possible for me to create the W axis in the post or am I better off finding a generic Fanuc post for 5 axis boringmill?

3 minutes ago, Fabio1 said:

ahhhh I found the fmt .  So it has "A" 11cabs and "A" 14 cinc. What do 11 and 14 represent?

Also I see I will have to remove this line or replace the rotary with the Quill "W" axis . Is it possible for me to create the W axis in the post or am I better off finding a generic Fanuc post for 5 axis boringmill?

You're not going to have very good luck configuring a 5 Axis Mill on your own, let alone a 5 Axis Boring Mill, with the Co-Linear Z and W axes.

You should contact your Reseller for help with this.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

You're not going to have very good luck configuring a 5 Axis Mill on your own, let alone a 5 Axis Boring Mill, with the Co-Linear Z and W axes.

You should contact your Reseller for help with this.

Fabio not trying to be negative, but I have to agree with him on this one.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Fabio1 said:

Thanks guys, appreciate the concern with 25+ years in the trade I'm a confident Som Bitch and love the challenge. Just need a hint here and there....lets get'r done. lol

30+ years in the trade and done many Mastercam posts and I would purchase this post, but more power to you and sorry not sure how to point you because you jumped off deep into with the task you picked.

The question you asked about the format statements is a telling thing to me you are in over your head at this point, not saying your not smart enough to figure it out so please don't take it that way. You want to tackle this then you need to get all the post documentation PDF from your dealer and I think it about 6000 total pages of information. You then need to get the 5 Axis PPT floating around from the V9 days as it has a lot of good information to familiarize yourself with the MPGEN5AX settings in the post. Then you have got a good starting point Colin use to work for CNC Software in their post department and he teaches Post Processor class so might want to look him up and get his training or you can go to Corporate and see when you can get trained from them. All the while you are doing this hopefully your machine is sitting waiting for you to figure all of this out. Then there is the possibility of not getting it right and crashing your machine so these are the biggest reason I tell any company let the people who specialize in this do it and you specialize in what your good at which is CAM programming and Machining.

I tried to be as positive and honest as I can so hopefully this comes across that way. ;):)

• Like 3