Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam from X7 to 2019

AllenT

Hello everyone

We just updated from X7 to 2019 yesterday, I am still wonder where are all my favorite funtions ?

Planes,  WCS ....

Like other time after the update, total frustration to look for funtions that I have been using

Thanks in advanved for your helps

29 minutes ago, AllenT said:

Hello everyone

We just updated from X7 to 2019 yesterday, I am still wonder where are all my favorite funtions ?

Planes,  WCS ....

Like other time after the update, total frustration to look for funtions that I have been using

Thanks in advanved for your helps

You can download the "making the switch" documentation from Mastercams site. 

https://downloads.mastercam.com/documentation/mastercam/2017/mastercam2017-making-the-switch.zip

Do this.

Hit View.. then Tool Manager

The Tool Manager should be docked on the left side of your screen

If it's not, double click it near the top ... now it's docked

Now hit Levels... If it's not docked, drag it over and drop it on the cross that appeared in the center of the tool manager

Do the same with the Planes Manager

Now if you run double screen drag the whole assembly to your second screen

Next Right Click the graphics area and find the Toggle Attributes button in the popup

It looks like a corner with an arrow. Click it and drag the Attributes Panel  to the bottom right of your screen

You are good to go... everything you are missing from X7 is on your screen

• Like 1

I recently got the upgrade from X7 to 2018, Allen. Haven't installed 2019 yet (too busy with projects, hopefully next week sometime).

I like the 2018 interface. Everything is still there (and more), just got to get the hang of it. You'll be fine. The more you use it the more everything will come together. Good luck my friend.

1 hour ago, AllenT said:

First full day with Mastercam 2019 has come to an end, not too bad as I though, have a good night everyone. Thanks

In a couple of weeks, you'll open an old X7 file and be completely lost :lol:

• Like 2

Select View, turn on toolpaths. Then in the operation manager right click, scroll over toolpaths, down to surface rough or finish, and your toolpaths will be in there.

Keep calm and pretty soon it will be natural. And you probably won't want to find those old tool paths when you get used to the new ones.

• Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, Smit said:

Also customize your right mouse button to contain a lot of the common commands you use. It"s really a time saver.

I don't remember if you could do that in X7 but I expect you probably could.

Yes you could customize the right mouse button in McamX7, it's called "context menu" in Mcam 2017 - 19, you can get to the context menu by right clicking in the tabs area