Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

eMastercam Multiaxis Essentials 2017 MC4SW rolldie question

LeoC

Hi:

So I am working on the tutorials so that I can learn how to run our 4th axis on our Haas machine. I use MC4SW exclusively, my coworker uses the stand alone version. I opened the tutorial 3 file and converted it to a parasolid and opened that in MC4SW. This particular part requires a function called rolldie to complete the machining process. Well, MC4SW pretty much doesn't come with any C-hooks, so how do I finish machine this part? I can't find anything remotely similar to what is shown in the training manual. Any suggestions are welcome.

Did I shoot myself in the foot by purchasing MC4SW? We bought MC4SW when it first came out so we do not have the option to use either or on our license, at least without me bumping off my coworker off of his seat.

Thanks, Leo C

TUTORIAL 3.mcam

TUTORIAL 3 MC4SW.SLDPRT

Hello Leo,

All of the training tutorials are written for the standalone version of Mastercam. The only exception is the Mastercam for SolidWorks book (https://www.emastercam.com/store/product/1250-mastercam-2018-for-solidworks/) but it's only written for 2D and 3D milling, not multiaxis. 

The part in Tutorial 3 is designed to show how to make use of the rolldie c-hook. If you don't have access to rolldie in MCfSW you can skip ahead to the next tutorial.