Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

questions on difficulty

I have accumulated the need of a couple of post modifications . I would like some input from the experts on if it is feasible for me to do it myself. I have modified posts in the past, but not anything of note. I did manage to add G49 to the toolchange in a post for Robodrills ,about ten years ago.

First Mpmaster for my Horizontal is not putting a decimal point on the B moves,It has to have them and I would like it to always output a current B  with toolchange.

Second, I have a new Y axis subspindle lathe here and unlike the others we have the main spindle is C and the sub is A, can that be done in the post?

Thanks

Just now, generaldisarray said:

I have accumulated the need of a couple of post modifications . I would like some input from the experts on if it is feasible for me to do it myself. I have modified posts in the past, but not anything of note. I did manage to add G49 to the toolchange in a post for Robodrills ,about ten years ago.

First Mpmaster for my Horizontal is not putting a decimal point on the B moves,It has to have them and I would like it to always output a current B  with toolchange.

Second, I have a new Y axis subspindle lathe here and unlike the others we have the main spindle is C and the sub is A, can that be done in the post?

Thanks

1. Easy. You need to change the Format Assignment of the variable which is used to output the B Address. That is typically 'cout', 'cinc', or 'cout_i', depending on your "Rotary mode". A typical Format Assignment line looks like this: fmt  "A" 11 cabs        #C axis position. Notice the number after the string "A" >>> "11". This "11", is what tells MP how to format the number portion of the variable. (Note that "A" the prefix by default, but there is logic inside the Post to read parts of the Machine Definition, and assign "A" for Vertical Machines, and "B" for Horizontal Machines. You need to change the "number" assigned to the 3 variables, to make sure the decimal is forced.
  2. You can do almost anything in the Post. Assigning the letter address of "A" to the Sub Spindle is a relatively minor change; which is easily accomplished. The Generic Fanuc 4X MT_Lathe Post, is setup with logic that allows you to easily configure the Post for any 4X Lathe. This can be Single or Dual Spindle, with Upper, Lower, or Upper/Lower Turret Combinations. This Post supports turning and milling, with up to 4X simultaneous, and tools that are mounted in a fixed position. You can turn or mill on either spindle, with either turret.
  • Like 1