Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Multi Axis parallel toolpath

paulfell

if you look at sreenshot attached - i am scanning blend rad on corner - toolpath shown is on one side - i then spin component 180 degrees and scan other side, the toolpath i am using is a std 3d parallel one, what i want to do is use a multi axis parallel to scan all round in one go, (using muti axis parallel) - I can get it to do it in theory - but cutter stays tangental to rad and machine limits prevent actually machining it. Is there a way i can control the plane so that cutter stays at 90 degrees throughout the toolpath and uses full range of the ballnose - the way it would on std 3d parallel toolpath, is this possible in multiaxis parallel ? - I have tried - but with no success yet ??

5 AXIS PARALLEL.png

THANKS - imported that toolpath and repicked surface & curves - looks good - posted ok - its a 5 axis machine - its rotated A axis to -90 and just posted x,y,z & c axis from there - so acting like a 4 axis - just what i wanted - thanks 

• Like 1

I will mention this as part of the ability of this toolpath is the start point selection. One machines with limited C axis travel the start point is how you can make this toolpath work to keep the travel within the limits of travel, but still cut your part. This is where the programmer has to become the kinematic aware part of the process. Nothing worse than spending all your time making nice toolpaths that will not run on a machine.

• Like 1