Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Rolling Back Version

pete_hull

Unfortunately for me, Mcam2018 has been a series of frustrations eg. slow toolpath processing ,multiple buggy issues, crashing, tool library issues, glacially slow verify etc, to such an extent that I am giving up before I waste any more time with it . I don't need any of the 'lipstick on a pig veneer' that the latest release usually has, so I don't routinely install every new version, and I regret installing mcam2018 as my efficiency has dropped significantly . I am not trying to claim that it's  bad software, but for whatever reason that I have been unable to pinpoint, it has been a very bad experience for me. I am running on the same hardware and O/S as the previous (mcamx8) version, so I know that's not the issue. I am not a computer guru, and also have the problem, as many do,  of working with an indifferent IT dept. I have little sovereignty over my computer settings, and after months of trying, we have failed to find the cause of many of the problems that persist. At least as a short term fix, I  am cutting my losses and intend  to reinstall Mcamx8, which ran like a Rolls-Royce. I have a very large visibility project imminent and  can't afford any time to be continually battling software issues . Again this is not to bash the product which I have used and advocated for many years , but for whatever reason(s), mcam2018  has been a lemon.

I still have my mcamx8 installation disk,  tool libraries, posts/machine defs etc. I know that there is  the issue of backwards compatibility for mcam2018 created files, but I can live with that for now. My question is, will I need to uninstall mcam2018 before I try to re-install mcamx8?  Are there any other issues that I may not  be aware of?

Just now, pete_hull said:

My question is, will I need to uninstall mcam2018 before I try to re-install mcamx8? 

I would just so that any file references don't possibly get mixed up....

I typically install old >> New and uninstall new >> old

8 minutes ago, JParis said:

I would just so that any file references don't possibly get mixed up....

I typically install old >> New and uninstall new >> old

Thanks for your valued advise. I am really disappointed to be going this route, as I clearly macam2018 works just fine for others, but at this point I think its my best option.