Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X6 in windows10

LEV

14 minutes ago, LEV said:

2. what is current video card recommendations.

It depends on how large of files you work with. Do you have dozens or more solids in 1 file?

I currently have a GTX980 and it handles a LOT. If your files are really big, go for a mid to high end Quadro. Don't get a low end Quadro, you'll be wasting your money.

So, if you're buying/building new computers and you throw in a GTX1080Ti, that beast will handle darn near anything. A high end Quadro will still beat it but it costs 3x-4x the price.

I have a GTX1080Ti in my home computer and nothing has slowed that thing down yet.

• Like 1

I think WIn 10 would be a mistake in this case

I would either upgrade to MC2019, or build new up to date computers with  Win 7 for the OS.

You might want to see if you could borrow a Win 10 machine with a good GeoForce gaming card,

install X6 and test it for a couple of days.

I would not invest in Win 10 computers without testing X6 on them.

• Like 1