Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Peck drilling options in MC 2019 grayed out

Roger

A set of Double Quotes in each Parameter actually disables the data entry field.

If all you want is the default 'Parameter name', just remove the double quotes. If you want, you can also "rename" the parameter by removing the double quotes, and entering a new string instead.

Keep in mind if you do this, that the actual 'predefined variable'will still have the original variable name inside the Post. Changing the string name inside the Control Definition File just changes the name of the data entry field inside the toolpath dialog.

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 3:43 PM, JParis said:

Go into the control def and add "" in the correct boxes

Y5agFsC.jpg

Jparis,

How do I get to the screen you show?  I'm currently watching a video by Derek Goodwin on MD/CD post functionality, since today is a slow day here at work for me.  I will be trying to get a better understanding of this side of Mastercam.  So, I can get this all set like I want.  Thanks for you help!!!!!!!!!!

Is there any more resources that you know of? 

• 1 year later...
On 6/21/2018 at 7:45 PM, Colin Gilchrist said:

A set of Double Quotes in each Parameter actually disables the data entry field.

If all you want is the default 'Parameter name', just remove the double quotes. If you want, you can also "rename" the parameter by removing the double quotes, and entering a new string instead.

Keep in mind if you do this, that the actual 'predefined variable'will still have the original variable name inside the Post. Changing the string name inside the Control Definition File just changes the name of the data entry field inside the toolpath dialog.

Hi Colin,

How would you go about changing the actual variables within the post processor?

Thanks