Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Could use a little nudge here

motor-vater

Good morning everyone I could use a little help here. I need to remove the material from the area in green and would love some advise on the best way. I do not have multi axis. Also because it is a one of part I do not want to invest in a custom woodruff cutter. I have found that with a raster path and a long ball endmill I can finish it but I am at a loss as to how to rough it.

429 BOSS MAIN CAP2019.jpg

Just now, Chris Lang In-House Solutions said:

Rough Parallel would work but if that hole is there it will cut air.  most of the way down.

If that hole from the lets call it top side of the model is there you could make a stock model and use one of the HS toolpaths, enable rest mill then the toolpath would only cut where the material is.  

Pretty much what I have been trying to do  as far as roughing out the center and then making a stock model. but its laughing at me. Maybe a rough parallel with a trim tool path?

OPTI-Rough using a Stock Model. Use a nice ramp with profile option and make sure the tool is small enough. If not then a Surface Finish Contour with boundaries to where you can work from inside in air to the part. Then below that the OPTI-ROUGH will work, but either use an updated stock model or use steep shallow to control it.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, motor-vater said:

Something Like this look right, I haven't done feeds and speeds yet, but Not sure about this approach. I see catastrophic tool failure in my future

429 BOSS MAIN CAP2019 Test.ZIP

Yes not sure I like the small arcs moves and you might find you never get over 20 ipm to 40 ipm. Like I said originally might think about surface finish contour and yes it will be a full cut going in, but think you might be surprised how well it cuts maybe .05 depth of cuts. Another thing I would consider is using Morph Between 2 Curves for the finish and tell it to cut center away. That way you will get a cut right down the center and work you way out. The Raster is going to finish one wall 1st taking a good cut, and with cutting from center away you can sneak up on the walls. 

I would also approach this with 3 different length tools and use small flute, but necked tools. Give you a lot more strength.

Harvey Tool Ball endmill Stub Flute Extended Length.

image.png.4bb736da33b68e566211dd57701781d2.png

• Like 1
1 hour ago, motor-vater said:

I love that Morph tool path. How do I do that with out a multi axis license though? The one you sent looks like it will work spectacular though ;) Thank you

You can't use them without a Multi Axis license. There is so much power in those toolpaths for 3 Axis stuff that so many just can't use.