Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Millturn Z axis is wrong on the lower turret

Hey guys,

I just started with a new company that has a Nakamura Super NTJX mill turn that had some post work done by our local distributor.   I fixed a couple things, but now there's just the Z axis on the lower turret that is giving me fits.  

It's not posting the Z in the right direction.  All the Z are inversed.  After hunting around, it seems I would have to play with the scase area in the post to invert the Z.  The only problem is I can't find it.  There are no mentions of scase in my post.  The post does have a .psb thats encrypted.  It could be in there, but I can't tell at the moment.

What I want to know now is, am I barking up the wrong tree?  Is there anywhere else it would normally be?  

15 minutes ago, soymilk said:

Hey guys,

I just started with a new company that has a Nakamura Super NTJX mill turn that had some post work done by our local distributor.   I fixed a couple things, but now there's just the Z axis on the lower turret that is giving me fits.  

It's not posting the Z in the right direction.  All the Z are inversed.  After hunting around, it seems I would have to play with the scase area in the post to invert the Z.  The only problem is I can't find it.  There are no mentions of scase in my post.  The post does have a .psb thats encrypted.  It could be in there, but I can't tell at the moment.

What I want to know now is, am I barking up the wrong tree?  Is there anywhere else it would normally be?  

The machine didn't come with CAMPLete Turn/Mill? That is the best solution for these machines since you can work up your Sync Codes, Simulation of the motion and Post the code.

image.png

That said if you are using a PST and PSB then you will have to go back to the post builder and have them fix the issue.

• Like 1

camplete did come with the machine but the company decided not to keep maintenance going on that.  I'm new to the company and trying to figure out whats going on.  Seems the "programmers" before pieced together and edited programs to work. 

I'll contact my distributor

Thanks Ron

11 minutes ago, soymilk said:

camplete did come with the machine but the company decided not to keep maintenance going on that.  I'm new to the company and trying to figure out whats going on.  Seems the "programmers" before pieced together and edited programs to work. 

I'll contact my distributor

Thanks Ron

Get a hold of Mike at MultiAxis that supports CAMplete for the Turn/Mill product and see what they can do to help get it current. They have good training materials and have done a lot of good things with the V8 version for this machine. :whistle:;)

[email protected]

1 hour ago, soymilk said:

I'll talk to the owner.  Hopefully they can re-up on the maintenance.  The software I have is V4, lol.  I loaded it up for fun, and its terribly outdated.  Goes to show you how fast software develops in 10 years.  

Thanks again

Here is the thing that he should be made to understand:

Camplete is a Post Processor and Simulator, all built into one. I believe you can either import "direct NCI" into it, or the NC Code itself. (Is my interpretation of that correct Ron?)

It will bridge the gap between Mastercam and the machine, much better than a Mastercam Post will, since it does the simulation of the whole machining process. If you have M-codes that cause motion on the machine, then Camplete will simulate these as well.

There is just so much benefit to using this software with your machine.

The only thing that would be even close to comparable would be to buy Vericut ($$$$), and have them build a virtual machine. But Camplete just handles this so much more easily, since they have a partnership with Nakamura, and they will get the exact machine model from them.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

Here is the thing that he should be made to understand:

Camplete is a Post Processor and Simulator, all built into one. I believe you can either import "direct NCI" into it, or the NC Code itself. (Is my interpretation of that correct Ron?)

It will bridge the gap between Mastercam and the machine, much better than a Mastercam Post will, since it does the simulation of the whole machining process. If you have M-codes that cause motion on the machine, then Camplete will simulate these as well.

There is just so much benefit to using this software with your machine.

The only thing that would be even close to comparable would be to buy Vericut ($$$$), and have them build a virtual machine. But Camplete just handles this so much more easily, since they have a partnership with Nakamura, and they will get the exact machine model from them.

Colin yes bang for buck since you already have it then it is the most logical direction. I am working with a customer with this very machine and we are doing a LTA project for process improvement. They did this for 2 of their seats and were still much cheaper than going to a full blown CAV. Again difference is like Colin says will post code and simulate it along with sync code processing. This machine is not in the Mastercam MT arena yet so your choices are limited.

• Like 1

Money is a bit tight at the new company right now,  I wished I knew that walking into this place but i'll definitely be pushing for them to get me camplete when it gets a little better.  

Talked a bit with the owner and he told me they had a mastercam "post guy" out on the floor for 2 weeks working on the Nakamura post.  The post was kinda rough and totally not usable without heavy manual edits.  Not sure how they made it this long honestly.  

13 hours ago, soymilk said:

Money is a bit tight at the new company right now,  I wished I knew that walking into this place but i'll definitely be pushing for them to get me camplete when it gets a little better.  

Talked a bit with the owner and he told me they had a mastercam "post guy" out on the floor for 2 weeks working on the Nakamura post.  The post was kinda rough and totally not usable without heavy manual edits.  Not sure how they made it this long honestly.  

Shoot me and email me let us see if we can be of assistance getting you pointed in the right direction.

• Thanks 1