Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fanuc G68.2 with rigid tapping

g huns

1 hour ago, Matthew Hajicek™ - Conventus said:

At my last job my boss was in the habit of changing my programs without telling me, and forbade me from talking to the operators or watching the machines to see how programs were doing.  They're not in business anymore.

THAT is crazy. It does every 'grammer the world of good to get off his backside and go see his prog run. You can't beat seeing and hearing if tools are cutting right or if they can be pushed harder, or if things are ringing etc.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Matthew Hajicek™ - Conventus said:

At my last job my boss was in the habit of changing my programs without telling me, and forbade me from talking to the operators or watching the machines to see how programs were doing.  They're not in business anymore.

1993 I was working in a shop and they had just got into CNC Machining. The owner hated them and was always trying to show how much faster he was than a CNC. We would buy all brand new $$$ tools to do a job on the Bridgeport. He would have burns up and down both arms from the flying chips. Then we would be asked to run the job on the CNC with wore out tools or Chinese made junk reverse grind tools. Then when we wouldn't hit time he would start cussing us out talking about how stupid we were. One day he left and I got his wife to open up his private stash of tools to use on a job. We ran the parts in about a 1/10 pf the time he was running them in. He was so upset he started kicking and throwing things because we made him so much more money on it. There were many times I would show him up and it would drive him crazy. One time was doing some collars that held the pins for putting the hole in sheet rock so it could breath. We would need to make 1100 to 2000 of them at a time. We was going to show us how fast he could do them with an speed indexer on a bridgeport. He took 50 and we took the rest. I built an arbor and would run 20 at time. I made 2 arbors and it took less than a minute to swap them out on the CNC. I think it was taking a little under 3 minutes a part time it was all said and done. He was taking 30 minutes a part killing himself and after 2 days of that he threw in the towel. He didn't speak to me for 2 months. Most peaceful 2 months I had while working there. 😀😀

• Sad 1
  • 2 months later...
On 7/4/2018 at 1:14 PM, gcode said:

I can't argue with that, the problem being, only Yoda knows which parameter it is.

Yoda was unreachable, but the guy at Cimatron who wrote our post is relentless. 5312 turned out to be the fix for one of our machines.

He found this in some Fanuc documentation...

D3E6OHV.jpg

Don't ask my why Fanuc or Enshu couldn't find this.:rolleyes:

We had zeros in all the boxes. Set X 200, Y 200, Z 2500 and it ran like a champ.

Like a dumbarse, I set the other machine the same, but didn't test it. Today when we tried to run a job with rigid tapping on a TWP, it approached to the clearance plane and stopped. Just sat there, no error, just sat. The operator toggled to manual and back to remote, then hit cycle start. The spindle fired up and it tapped to the bottom of the hole. Where it again stopped. Toggling to manual, back to remote, cycle start didn't make it start up. We use quick change tap holders, so we just released the tap and backed it out by hand.

So progress has been made. But not 100% there just yet.

3 minutes ago, MIL-TFP-41 said:

Ran into a very similar problem on our MX330's a month or so back.

Exact same error & everything. We could tap fine using G68.2. However when I tried tapping with G54.4 active, we got the exact same error. (Y excess)

Fanuc had to come out & update their software....Things are happy now.

We got it on ours when we tried peck tapping. And the old one. I switched to m89 and the 330 we adjusted the retract amount. I think it was set really low