Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2019 issues with high speed hybrid paths

rsbeadle

Hello guys. I have been having some issues with my hybrid paths double cutting and retracting differently than they did in 2017 and 2018. I used to get good smooth paths from the inside out on some oval parts I build every few months. Now I get 3 or 4 retractions and triangles cut on the ends and places where the path cuts the same area twice. Is there some setting that was added or changed in 2019 that I haven't noticed?

This is the 2019 path.  Notice the darker path areas that get cut twice and the multiple retractions:

image.png.7bdbb44b17c00a781ae378328f74afc0.png

This is a similar part with the 2018 path:

image.thumb.png.e549f69bf7fb4d7f1f792f04d7de5650.png

If anyone has any ideas or help for me I would appreciate it. Thanks

Thanks gcode. I don't have duplicated groups in the materials page but the path still cuts everything twice. The strange thing is I cut both sides, one in front view and one in back view, and the front view path is fine. The part is symmetric so I though about just doing a transform mirror path to do the back view. The only issue is I have 20-25 programs that are using the same path and I would have to change all the programs to use the mirror path or just keep them in 2018 until the problem gets resolved.

image.png.a8e53d101404a1370658847c7cc447f9.png

I guess I can reply to your 666 post. I am getting about the same finish as I did with the hybrid path, but that finish wasn't all that great either. The parts I am running have +/-.005 tolerance and will get buffed smooth after we mill them so finish was not as important as tool life on these parts. I am using a .010" step over with a 3/16" ball. The motion is easy on the machine with both paths so gouges are reduced. I tried several paths to get the cut time reduced and still get a decent finish and the hybrid path has been working best up until the 2019 update. I also tried to use a 45 degree plane instead of front and back to use the side of the ball instead of the tip but the tool life was about the same. The only difference is the side of the ball got dull instead of the tip and I had to add a path to cut the underside fillet so it took a little longer.