Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

how to add TCP or pivot length into 5 axis table to table machine post

how to add pivot length ( TCP ) into 5 axis Table to Table machine post....?

pivot length (TCP )  is Z= 120 mm .

i took 25 x 25x 25 block & created dia. 10 mm hole in middle of 4 side faces . 

outputted  program was like of front face : 

G0 G54 G90 X-12.5 Y0. C180. A-90. S2291 M3
N112 G43 H3 Z37.5
N114 G83 G99 Z2.5 R37.5 Q1. F274.9

after indexing A-90 , drill taking outoff model cause of TCP ....?

so could anyone help me please .....

Given 5axis post quotation ...

At this position I'm not looking to buy it .

In future if I get complex 5 axis continuous job means then will purchase ...

So I'm doing trial & error in mcam & already I'm running mine job by doing manual programming cause its like simple index & need to drill ...

If anyone did customize 5 axis generic post wrt TCP means please share ..

1 hour ago, Shrinivas Reddy said:

If anyone did customize 5 axis generic post wrt TCP means please share ..

Sorry, but asking for a post it not allowed and yes you are asking for a post. Get the documentation from your reseller and that will help you see there are switches in the post to make the changes you need.

12 minutes ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

Just so we're clear Shrinivas, nobody is going to help you with a 5 Axis Post, until we can confirm that you aren't a software pirate.

You can send Daniel Gringas a private message, with your Hasp number, so he can confirm that you are a legitimate user.

Yo are so mean. :D;)

• Haha 1
50 minutes ago, Shrinivas Reddy said:

Thank you so much all for ur valuable reply ....

So you are providing Daniel with that Sim cool. Thanks for understanding that people who use pirated software take food out of my families mouth since I bought and paid for my own seat out of my pocket and use that to earn a living. When people don't do things the legal way and do them illegally then those like myself who do it legally find it harder to earn a living.

Removed Sim information

Presently i am doing trial & error by using client customer legal lock only but I cant able to share that lock details cause without taking their higher management permission....

Edited by JParis
Sim inforamtion removed

Thanks sir  but some persons said that without knowing posted something more which was not needed , so for that reason I shared my lock details that's it ....

& more then that I asked help / guidance , not an asked send complete 5 axis post processor sir ...

I asked Where to add TCP value  in post ...

If know that place to share or else no that's all ;

!!!!!!!

I know all will doing work to lead life only...

&

" I am not taking food out from anyone's families mouth "

Cause I'm going in life with all things with legal only & brought the mastercam 2017 commercial license  from authorized Reseller & using ...

1 st get to know  & then comment "

Without knowing anything please don't comment rash/rude ...

K leave it ...

Past is past ;

Keep Looking forward with + ve  note/hope is the best way ...

Thanks to all !

• Like 1

There is no switch for a table table machine, there is a value for the tool length on a Head/Head machine

use_tlength  : 0     #Use tool length, read from tool overall length
                     #0=Use 'toollength' var, 1=Mastercam OAL, 2=Prompt
toollength   : 0     #Tool length if not read from overall length

Normally the Coordinates rotate with the part on a table table machine with TCP. Has TCP been forced on in the parameters. Which axis is actually out at A90?

Can you make up a simple test part that can be posted with and without TCP so you can test it on the machine?

Sounds like you need to be using G68.2 etc

Also what is the machine you are using?

Thank you so much sir...

Table to table configuration machine 

Machine - brother M140x1
Controller- brother
Axis 5 
X-200
Y-440
Z-305
A- 5°~-95°
C-360°

Its 4+1 ....

Machine application engineer 's are saying to take separate off set after indexing A-90 C180. 

So we are trying make run normal 4+1 simultaneously process program

So only I asked about TCP value adding ..

In trial run our program dry run in machine was OK but the error was after indexing tool coming down ( Z axis ) running ideal I.e, apart from job......

So will try with your solution sir I.e with TCP & without TCP ...

Once again thank you so much for your valuable guidance / help sir ..

AFAIK, the brother doesn't have TCP.  So he is just looking to get the post to output regular old C/L code.

Shrinivas, it was asked that you share the the SIM code via private message with Daniel for him to verify.  He would then post up on this thread, that you are good to go.  I wouldn't think you would need permission from your management to do so, as long as you are physically using their dongle (via nethasp or directly plugged in).

Asking for help on a five axis post is similar to asking for a post around here.  Five axis post information is reasonably well protected by members here and by CNC because those posts are a significant revenue stream for dealers, and many consulting engineers that are on this forum.  Pirated software users do not have a means of buying a post from a dealer, and those that know how to properly setup a five axis post won't knowingly help anyone that is using pirated software as it erodes the software development and support cycle for paying customers.  Anyone using the software for financial gain without paying their fair share is taking away from revenue that can help better the future software, or keep dealers in business to support existing maintenance customers.

Problem is the generic posts don't have TCP built in them. You must get a custom post or be Colin to get correct TCP added to a post. I could probably hack my way through a Generic post, but I have turned it over to the professionals many years ago. We work directly with CNC Software, Postability and In-House for posts and per our agreements with them we work with them not around them. I am sorry that rubs some people the wrong way, but good relationships come from doing what benefits both parties. We benefit our customers by doing world class consulting, programming and turn keys. Part of that is letting them do what they do best and letting us do what we do best. 

Sorry, but as easy as some thing think this question is to answer it is not and those who have something to hide hide it and those who don't have their email and company website listed in their signature. We do some very high level top secret stuff and why we have the security protocols in place so comply with the requirements of each of those customers. Interdependent of that I have always gone above and beyond to help on this forum. I walk a fine line to keep everyone one we work with happy to keep working with us. All the best and hopefully you get your issue sorted out.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
On 7/6/2018 at 11:59 AM, 5th Axis CGI said:

So you are providing Daniel with that Sim cool. Thanks for understanding that people who use pirated software take food out of my families mouth since I bought and paid for my own seat out of my pocket and use that to earn a living. When people don't do things the legal way and do them illegally then those like myself who do it legally find it harder to earn a living.

its sad you think like that , if you do a good job you will never run out of work and wouldn't have to worry about anyone else stealing your job , i guess this is not the case

On 7/6/2018 at 11:59 AM, 5th Axis CGI said:

• Haha 1

I didn't know people developed entire careers around mastercam making their post process so convoluted - or that it's also somehow my fault. This reminds me of Microsoft making Win10 unable to disable automatic updates - their software is such crap and so full of inherent security problems but instead of fixing the real problem, they lay the problem on their customers. Good going you guys!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2019 at 9:43 PM, alalarbr said:

its sad you think like that , if you do a good job you will never run out of work and wouldn't have to worry about anyone else stealing your job , i guess this is not the case

Walk one day in my shoes and then you can understand my thoughts. See what all I have done for people over the years in the way of help then you might get a better idea of what and why I commented the way I did. Might also know we emailed each other many times after this thread and helped them get going in the right direction for free, but again you haven't walked a day in my shoes so you can only see the posting for your side of the screen not mine. Have a great day and thank you for the one and run. 

• Like 2