Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

AutoRegen - CHook

1 hour ago, Günther Massimo - GMCCS said:

It's a little time saver.

Once launched, it will automatically regenrate any operation after editing the operation through the parameter dialog.

Launch it again to stop the automatic regeneration.

autoregen.zip

Thanks to Michael Pfeil from InterCAM for this idea.

Greetings Günther!

Would you mind explaining what you mean by "the parameter dialog"? Is this just the normal "Operation Parameters" dialog box, that comes up when you edit an Operation inside Mastercam? Just curious if there are other ways of editing the Operations that you use besides this "regular method" of editing Ops.

From your description, is just sounds like there are methods of editing an Operation that wouldn't be detected by the 'autoregen' Chook, and I was wondering if that was truly the case?

• 3 months later...
On 10/20/2018 at 11:15 PM, armaghan said:

esto funciona para MC 2018?

No Sir.

On 10/18/2018 at 1:12 PM, Shrinivas Reddy said:

hello sir ,

i copied that chook into path ( autoregen.dll )

i edited toolpath/operation but its not took auto regen .... so could you guide me sir....

Once launched, it will automatically regenrate any operation after editing the operation through the parameter dialog.

23 hours ago, Shrinivas Reddy said:

Hi sir ,

Not working sir ..( mcam 2018 & mcam 2018 )

If possible share the steps / process ..

( as I was mentioned in my previous post , I copied into chook folder )

Thanks ..

Shirinivas: Right Click the file, go to properties and click Unblock

Gunther: i just tested this and really like this C-hook, thank you for sharing i really appreciate it!

• Thanks 1

Thanks Günther, that works great

K2csq7, that doesn't work with our workflow. We do a lot of similar parts. I like to make a copy of the good Mastercam file, open it, delete all the old geometry and insert a new Parasolid. I can then backplot all the dirty operations to see what they used to do. Sometimes this doesn't work due to NCI errors, but it's better than trying to keep the old file open and refer to it. Unless you have a better suggestions for this workflow?

57 minutes ago, Corey Hampshire said:

Very nice. Thanks! Is there a way to make this turn on every time I start Mastercam?

In your configuration on the Start/Exit branch, there is a space named Default for launching a chook when starting up...that might get it done for you

There is a Startup specific location as well, I'd go there

1 hour ago, Programinator said:

This is an awesome tool.  I have been using it for a while now.  Any way to get this to work when deleting/adding/changing driving geometry?

You could assign a keyboard shortcut to do just this, I just did as shown below with CTRL+R and these settings can be found in File --> options.

1.jpg

• 6 months later...
On 7/12/2018 at 8:56 AM, Günther Massimo - GMCCS said:

It's a little time saver.

autoregen.zip

Thanks to Michael Pfeil from InterCAM for this idea.

Any way we can get this for 2020.  I got addicted to it in 2019

• Like 1