Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Simple stupid questiom

21 minutes ago, jlw™ said:

i don't use that post any where but most posts have a misc i/r for outputting m00 or m01 at end of op.  i use that with m01 so that i don't get home motion on full runs but can stop it for prove out.

With only the M01 output how do you restart the spindle and coolant?

The Force toolchange will at least recall everything.....

I have used canned text to do this as well but it's more in depth

Unless you hit channel reset you don't have to, in my experience any way.  When you go back to auto and green button it, it will restart.  That is assuming you can run through the post.  If you can't, you have to repost and restart any way.  It is my sincere effort that none of my programs come back for edit or repost.  Having said that, most of my programs all have force tool change on every op any way as most are one off or prototypes, threes and fours at most.  My production jobs however, I rarely force tool change or send the machine home.  You could also use block delete if you are feeling froggy but I have never had the warm fuzzies trusting that.  I also use canned text, or a manual unit when I want to force a home or specific position and a note to check something specific or blow chips out.  Always many different viewpoints or ways to skin the cat.