Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Saved STL model will only rotate around the base coordinate system!

danielm

Dude, you REALLY need to take some baisc training....

It will move where ever you want.....it will ALWAYS move in reference to your C plane... and rotate about the Z.....but try using Dynamic instead....spend 15 minutes learning how to use it and most times you'll never use transform rotate again

10 minutes ago, Leon82 said:

You should never really have to move around on STL made in verified as far as I know

When you're populating a tombstone, yes, it will be moved to the next starting position.....I do this day in, day out

20 hours ago, lowcountrycamo said:

Why should even have to be covered.  Learn to use the software and these things will become self evident.  I learned how to do this on my own.  

Idiot.  Yeah.  Just give a guy a high end CAM system and say figure it out.  I'm calling BS on you 'just learning this on your own".  You, me and everyone here knows that you sought help...and got it from people that had more experience from you.  

Yes, Just merge your saved verify .stl file as a mesh into your Mastercam part file, then move it where you need with any transform function (dynamic transform is my preference too) wa

Here is a youtune video showing dynamic transform in action 

54 minutes ago, JParis said:

Yup, I can conform zero youtube videos on using Dynamic transform

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mastercam+dynamic+transform

LMAO, beat me to it, exact same search:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mastercam+dynamic+transform

Tons of videos.

Capture.png

Apparently you need help with search functions.  And yes, I learned dynamic transform entirely on my own.  I experiment, tinker and play just to learn.  I also take training when I need it.

What's up with all the attitude on the forum lately?  People here genuinely want to help.  I would like to help.  If none of the videos on YouTube help you, message me.  We'll do a GOTOMeeting and get you going.

Find a YT video on transforming CUT STL FILES FROM VERIFY using dynamic transform.

I use dynamic transform all the time for any all entities just like the command describes.  NOWHERE does it say 'THIS IS HOW YOU RELOCATE A CUT MODEL FROM VERIFY'.

You get where I'm coming from dude? There used to be a STL_XFORM.dll chook to do it all.  Now its gone.   Where does it say whats replaced it?  Where does it say "ok, heres how you move a STL file using Dynamic Transform?

Several of us have tried to nudge you in the proper direction.

It looks as though you don't want to help yourself...the answer has been given and it's right in front of you.

You have FAR greater ability with Dynamic transform than yiou ever did with the clunky old tool...

In all seriousness, get on the horn with the local reseller tomorrow morning, let them spend just 5 minutes showing you how easy it is...

Once that's done, I really think you still come back into this thread and apologize to all the people you have run down....

That said, if the back and forth continues, this thread will get locked.

Edited by Guest

Dude.  All you had to say was 1)merge in your saved stl. 2)Use dynamic xform to relocate the stl. 3) use save some to save out the stl and rename it. 4)be sure that your in top wcs.

But no.  You dont work that way.  

I do.  If someone is having a problem and I know the answer from A-Z I tell em and help em.  You and others here just toss em a vague clue and tell them to figure the rest out on there own.

I hate that sht.

• Guest locked this topic