Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MC4SW CRASHING ON EXIT

Mark VIII

Every time I close solidworks 2018 with MC4SW(2018 or 2019) enabled it pops up a crash report. Does anyone else have this? It ONLY happens when running MC4SW.

Another thing. I cannot get my 3Dconnexion device to operate in Mastecam Simulation. Which means, I cannot even have it loaded when running Mastercam or solid works because I cannot even use my mouse for rotation as long as the 3D device was enabled. Anyone else see this? I am experiencing a lot of bugs with MC4SW.

I use MC4SW exclusively and I have not had any problems with closing the program at all, although I use Solidworks 2017. With Solidworks 2018 and above, they included the CAM add on, make sure that it is turned off as I had found that the two do not play nicely together.

As far as the 3D Connexion device, I do not use Simulation but I do have issues with the controller when using it in verify, as it doesn't work at all. It works in backplot, but not verify.

LeoC

I am seeing the same issue with the 3Dconnexion. It works in everything except verify. In order to have any rotation with my mouse, I must turn off the 3connexion addin before opening SW. We have 3 computers running MC4SW. One thing they all have in common is they also have Camworks installed. You may be onto something there. This gives me a direction to head for troubleshooting. Thanks for the reply.

the new 3D connexion drivers does not support verify, you will need an old one, see below comments from QC

""

Currently the only option is to install an older version of the driver (v10.4.3 or older). Something changed in v10.4.9 and later releases that is causing it not to work in Verify. We do have a defect logged against this but it has yet to be addressed. D-28898

Regards

I installed the new 3DC drivers this morning

My employer has dropped SolidWorks maintenance so I'm stuck at SW2017 🙄

I launched that, then loaded MCfSW 2019 

I did a couple of simple toolpaths, then launched Verify

The Space Mouse Enterprise worked properly with Verify

SW2017 still crashed when I closed it.