Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Advice

Siddiq Adam

Mits makes good stuff, but you will find those who swear by Mits, ISCAR, Kennametal, Ingersol, SECO, Sandvik, etc...  And they are all speaking the truth for what they do on their equipment.  Insert technology (geometry, coatings, chip breakers, etc...) changes extremely rapidly, what was cutting edge a short time ago is now old news.

I would suggest you have all of the mfg's you know provide good service and maintain local stock in your area to come in and do a presentation, do several cuts on your machines with different materials you cut, and provide a comprehensive price list of the holders and inserts for the materials you work with.  When doing the cuts keep exact data and video each cut to compare later.

I know we all want the best cutters and you normally get what you pay for, but if your equipment doesn't have the horsepower or rigidity to take advantage of some of the cutters you may find a less expensive option makes more sense for your company

HTH

Mitsubishi is great for what makes them unique, but I agree that where Mitsubishi has a great High Feed insert with a negative rake geometry for short hangout, Iscar makes a more stable cutter with a positive (ish) rake on their H600 WXCU that has great stability for long reach and great tool life. What tools are you looking to use/replace and why?

4 hours ago, Matthew Hajicek™ - Conventus said:

Get vibranium cutter bodies with adamantium inserts.

Funny thing is our tooling guy i dont think is up on current affairs, so i bet i could get him to start emailing companies for adamantium inserts.

On thread topic, i mostly use mitsubishi inserts, find the hm90(not sure the company) ones last longer but need to run on a larger machine.

• Like 1