Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Haas VF2ss + VF4ss Vacuum Chuck Accessory

Good day, brothers in manufacturing. 

I have been tasked with finding a vacuum chuck for the shop that I work at. I know what they are and how they work. I know the pros and cons of using a vacuum system. I do not know anything about brands or where to buy equipment like this. I see a lot of machine manufacturers include a vacuum chuck as an upgrade to their existing machines.  That is really all I have been able to find. 

I really like the system that Datron sells for their mills. In my research the parts that I saw them run on their mill were the closest to the parts we are looking for the vacuum system for. 

We have a series of parts, about 9 or 10 different styles, with quantities of 500 - 800 parts. We are getting our stock in at 0.125" and the finished thickness is 0.118. We have to mill both sides, the outside contour, drill and tap, and maintain parallelism within .002". We are getting killed in fixturing and change over times. 

Any advice you guys got would be greatly appreciated. I am at a bit of a loss here. I am used to making large aerospace components, these little plate jobs are an enigma to me. 

Thanks, guys!

6 minutes ago, KLP1190 said:

Believe you me, I have tried and tried to get someone to hear reason and logic. No one here will listen to me. It's foolish to order stock .007" over the size we need, but that's the way this place does business apparently. 

THey are making their own problems then...that's too bad