Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

setting dynamic plane

mike561h

when i flip a part over 180 bottom plane.  sometimes i need Z to be on top. I make a dynamic plane. 

I place the plane on xyz Zero. And just use the ruler that pops up and it usually will go to the thickness of the plate.

I have done manually. Anyone have a easy way.

ty

The function Rotate plane and Rotate WCS were last seen in Mastercam in X9.  But the same function  still exists in  the free Verisurf addon. It's called  WCS XYZ-ABC. 

I would compare  Dynamic Plane to a Swiss knife . Yes you will get everything done with  a Swiss knife  if  it's the only tool you have , but other , specialized tools will perform even better. You just need a bigger tool box  :)

Gracjan

One of the reasons I like the Verisurf  command is that in many cases I need a new plane  where I need to nudge the plane 10 to 15 degs in order for the holder to fit next to a vertical wall.  The fact that The Verisurf rotates the new plane AND IMMEDIATELY rotates  the Graphics view  so that you are  seeing the machining  as the spindle does it is a time saver  in evaluating the suitability of the new tool plane .

Gracjan

22 hours ago, Clarence L Cook said:

If you click on the rod to move it up to the thickness of the plate, you can start typing in a number and it will go to that distance, ie typing .06 then hit enter will get you .060" and not the .0625 of the ruler.  Works for all of the gnomen rods and angles.

i  tried and i like it...😄