Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Noob screwing up, help please!

sweed76

I just got a copy of Mastercam 2017 for wire EDM purposes, I've been using X6 for a few months so I'm fairly familiar to the basic functions of Mastercam but yesterday I got a funky error that I've spent basically all day fighting.  Just as an example, I have a starting hole inside a square and I want to cut out the square.  When I add a tab (which I do for overnight machining) everything works perfectly, same thing with turning off the wire compensation setting.  But when I just want to rough a peice all the way around with the proper compensation settings (left or right) instead of going around the square, it just jumps back and forth from the starting hole to the first point of contact on the square.  If I change the before mentioned parameters without touching the geometry it works fine.  I've tried deleting duplicates and running Findoverlap.dll and changing random parameters but nothing has worked yet.  Any suggestions out there would be GREATLY appreciated, I'm just about at the end of my rope.

1. Delete that line that is going from the thread point to the rectangle.

2. Re-chain, Pick the threadpoint first, then the rectangle. 

3. Turn on "set Start to Thread Point"

4. Turn off Lead Distance setttings

5. Optional: you can also turn on the Max Lead Out setting on the Leads page to allow the toolpath to not return all the way back to the thread point if you wish to cut the wire without returning to the thread point.

image.jpg

• Like 1