Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

dirty ops

Müřlıń®

For a prototypes I typically try to keep the number of ops down to a minimum, lots of changes and whatnot make for a cumbersome file to navigate if you let the number of ops balloon.  When it comes to a long run job I don't care how many ops it takes, because sometimes you just have to split things up to eliminate a few extra retract or clearance moves which end up costing time.

As for dirty ops.  I find it interesting that sometimes you open a file and a few random ops are dirty that weren't when you saved it.  I haven't had much problem with them just nuking themselves.  Thankfully if they do get nuked, say when I decide to nuke a file say because ref points are working (every frickin' project at least once before it's done) it doesn't take but a few minutes to regen.  Though I typically avoid stock models like the plague past my stock prep op, as one of the tools I always use will nuke the file guaranteed.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Leon82 said:

Make a bunch of stock models , then change the first operation....  

My problem is working very long hrs you get tired and accidentally press the regen key when you meant to press the backplot button.

What would be REALLY COOL would be to have the ability to swap the backplot and the simulator button.

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 5:26 PM, Müřlıń® said:

My problem is working very long hrs you get tired and accidentally press the regen key when you meant to press the backplot button.

What would be REALLY COOL would be to have the ability to swap the backplot and the simulator button.

I asked for exactly that @ x9 on the *real* forum. I read into Kens reply, "why the heck would you want to do that" :hrhr: