Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Upgrading from 2018 to 2019, lost right-click menu

SlaveCam

Ran migration wizard, lost right click menu. On first program launch the menu did not show up at all and the second launch reverted to the default menu. Does anyone have knowledge of the internals of Mastercam.Workspace to find out which line is causing mcam to glitch?

I got the same result as SlaveCam.  I had to completely remake my right-mouse-button and all of my Key mapping when going to 2018. Guess I'll have to do it again with 2019. Its a drag that the configuration apparently  doesn't migrate over even when you make certain that CONFIG is checked when doing the migration wizard.

4 hours ago, SlaveCam said:

Same result..

contextmenumissing.png

Try importing it from 2018, see if that works...I have not had to do it that way but who knows....hit import, the dropdown will allow you to select a .workspace

Nothing to lose at this point

And you did NOT copy your configs to the new version, correct?

bad move if you did, you most likely end up deleting it(config file) and starting fresh with a new copy

Edited by Guest

I just got off the phone with mcam tech support.  He remoted into my pc and migrated in my RMB and keymapping.  This is what he did:

1) Renamed my mcam2019 to my mcam2019.old

2) Went into the advanced configuration and reset dialog positions.

3) Went back through the migration wizard (Advanced) and checked only the Configuration files and the Workspace files.

4) Unchecked all but Mastercam 2018

5) Chose Update and Replace

When the migration was finished, everything was back.  ...which was great because I have a lot of custom keyboard commands that take a lot of time to re-map.

Hope this helps.

MAC.JPG

MW2.JPG

MW.JPG

MW3.JPG

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Losing my mind, again...

So I copied "my mcam2019" onto my laptop, with an identical 2019 installation of different menu language. The right-click menu is gone, AGAIN! Is there some references to the registry or something? The "import" button also doesn't work (what a surprise). Import button confirmed to work, as long as language is the same. My guess is that in Mastercam.Workspace the right-click menu is saved using hash codes of the menu item names and thus are not interchangeable between different languages.

Danielm: I remember combating with this issue during 2018 installation too

I have the same issue with my french localized release. If i use my workspace file with US release, all is OK except RMB context menu which restores to default.

For now, i still wait for 2019 french release hoping i'll be able to migrate from 2018 as i could do it with 2017(French) -> 2018 (french).