Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5-axis Problem (that is driving me crazy)

Kampfzentrum

OK gents, I got a 5-axis FPT that I'm programming for. When I work with the WCS as the primary offset, the machine works fine. However, when I create additional offsets, this is where the post starts getting funny. Hoping that some of you can help me out... Here's what it does.

As shown in the pic below, I have to face two pads. The position of each pad on the weldment varies, so I've created two different with two different planes; the upper right one is the WCS that I've given work offset number 1, the custom plane below (i.e. Low-East Plane) is offset 2. Now here is where I'm confused. 

When I set the data (in the "Planes (WCS)") options menu, I set the custom plane as Top, Low-East Plane, Low-East Plane. The result of this will result in the machine moving to when I have placed the coordinates of Low-East Plane, but then has an additional data shift of the distance from the WCS plane to Low-East Plane. If I go back into the  "Planes (WCS)") options menu and set it to Low-East Plane, Low-East Plane, Low-East Plane; then the head orientates to an orientation that is not what I want.

All I want is to be able to create a custom offset, have it go to the correct coordinates (no additional datum shifts), and have the head orientate to the correct plane.

Help!

eMasterCam.png

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 2:43 PM, lowcountrycamo said:

Do your top plane and low east plane originate from the same point?

Thanks for the responses guys, sorry for the late response, I was out sick (it's going around).

As for the Low-East Plane, as you can see, it does appear to originate from the WCS plane, but as soon as I zero ("0") these out, the plane will relocate to the WCS plane. So how to zero these out without moving the custom plane to the WCS plane?

eMasterCam.png

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 8:58 AM, David Colin said:

May you share a file?

3 hours ago, David Colin said:

I guess you have a post issue or needs info/training to know how to set Mastercam toolpaths to make your post work. You should ask your post seller.

I believe I found it, went into the post and found the line:

ignoreorg             :  1              #Ignore toolplane origin, use WCS origin (0=off, 1=on)

It was on "0", I changed it to "1", post seems to be good now, I need to verify with the operator.

• Huh? 1