Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Best approach to mastercam education

Jespertech

So it seems  my options for mastercam education outside of forums and youtube are A. three day courses for specific subject matter i.e lathe, 2d mill ,3d mill etc. B. professional certification through mastercamU or C. purchasing tutorial books and working through them. In your opinions what did you find to be the most helpful approach for a new guy wanting to rapidly advance his skills?

The best way will always be to have in-person training with your reseller. Having a knowledgeable instructor on hand to answer any questions that come up will be the most effective way to learn the software. No book or video can cover every possible scenario and option or unique circumstance facing you at your job.

As for other forms of learning, contacting your reseller for MastercamU license is always a good option. If you enjoy online/digital learning, one option you could check out is our Sitewide Subscription: https://www.emastercam.com/store/product/1184-emastercam-sitewide-subscription/

The Sitewide Subscription gives you access to all of our eBooks and streaming video courses for all versions of Mastercam we have material for (2019 to X7 for videos, 2019 to X4 for eBooks) right in your browser. A month costs $39.99USD so you can register for the Sitewide, go through all of the books and videos that interest you, and then choose to either renew your subscription for additional time if you need it or just let it expire when you're done. We don't save your credit card information so you don't have to worry about registering and forgetting to cancel and getting charged again.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

just wanna throw my 2 cents in. for me the inhouse books were the best, but i learn through books the easiest(and like rekd said, seat time). also using forums like this and youtube, is my friend. there were two guys at the shop where i work took night school courses at conestoga college a few years ago, neither have any more understanding of mastercam then when they went in i think. the one guy still gets me to print out bolt circle co-ordinates for him. then manually puts them into the program. i think they were paying $800 bucks a course, what a waste of money!(for them)

just sayin everybody learns differently.

Try, fail and retry, and hopefully learn in the process. Worked for me with every software, although it will take some time, but the learning experience will be more profound.

I don't recall being in any courses in a while, being self-taught in everything from programming to machining and modeling...