Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5 Axis Tool Cutting Into Part

Router_Skelter

Hi Guys,

I`m having problems with Mastercam not compensating for the tool diameter in a morph toolpath. I would generally program the part with a ball which works easily, but this time need to use a large bull style cutter as the parts are over 9.5m long. I`ve included a simplified sample file with a small section of the part, i can program it 3+2 but was hoping to do it multi and hoping its just something simple im overlooking. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

image.png.5852a819758d6382d1a264d54b0154d4.png

Sample.mcam

Thank you for the advice guys, so far i have tried using a standard bull, flat and barrel tool definition. Tried run tool auto and at radius. Tried offsetting a surface, making it drive and the tool face check geo all with no luck. The other thing i`ve found is when making a triangular mesh rough toolpath setting the tool axis control to from chain the only tool that will tilt as it`s ment to is a ball, endmills stay in 3 axis.

Sorry it's taken so long to get back, I got slammed but thank you Ajmer I would never have thought to look at the extend to infinity as I don't really understand it, generally just turn collision control off and sort it through verify and adjusting toolpaths. Being routers more 3+2 than full 5 axis. I cleaned the weird move up, not perfect but much nicer can share that next week if people are interested 

On 8/31/2018 at 3:37 AM, Sharn said:

Sorry it's taken so long to get back, I got slammed but thank you Ajmer I would never have thought to look at the extend to infinity as I don't really understand it, generally just turn collision control off and sort it through verify and adjusting toolpaths. Being routers more 3+2 than full 5 axis. I cleaned the weird move up, not perfect but much nicer can share that next week if people are interested 

Extend to infinity pretty much what it says it is - take your tool and imagine it is as long as infinity, going back into your machine.  
It is useful if you have a cut angle that you know might run your head into something - you can add a tilt /avoidance strategy. 

Also very useful to control machines that don't have a physical tool (like spraying or blasting)