Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Extended Length Holders

Anyone know what's going on?

Looking for CAT40 Long Reach("6.00") shrink fit holders and it's like everyone at once has stopped making them....

Lyndex seems to have dropped that and 5" reach.....

Briney looks to have dropped them,

Haimer doesn't offer,

Maritool doesn't offer,

Techniks offers a 5 but their quality has become suspect...

Pioneer looks like they still offer but their quality was down sometime back...

Some places aren't even making 1/8 holders it seems...

I can use Techniks slimfits chucks or shrink fit extensions if I have to but a single holder is usually more rigid

Edited by Guest

Thankfully I don't need this right "now" but I know things are getting ready to drop....we have a new 4 machine Palletech line arriving.....additional will be done soon, be ramping up very soon...

MST pricing and availability through SST is good. I never go to any of the high end Japaense Tooling websites, they all suck. Just call SST and have them send you the catalogs, which are actually decent.

FWIW Technics, HPI etc have been making crap tool holders for a while now. It used to be out of 50 or so holders only 2-3 went in the scrap bin, now it seems it is over 30% get chucked in the garbage. I'd love to find a better source for decent BT40 basic ER32 holders, but it is looking like I might just pony up and switch to the MST collet chucks and collets.

4 hours ago, huskermcdoogle said:

ooooo, sounds like fun, been a while since I played with an FMS

That will bring us back to 6 Palletech lines....been down to 5, we sold one, now waiting on newest one to arrive...

4 hours ago, Sticky said:

MST pricing and availability through SST is good. I never go to any of the high end Japaense Tooling websites, they all suck. Just call SST and have them send you the catalogs, which are actually decent.

FWIW Technics, HPI etc have been making crap tool holders for a while now. It used to be out of 50 or so holders only 2-3 went in the scrap bin, now it seems it is over 30% get chucked in the garbage. I'd love to find a better source for decent BT40 basic ER32 holders, but it is looking like I might just pony up and switch to the MST collet chucks and collets.

Webuy haimer er32 holders. They are about the same price as command according to my boss

John we did some 1-1/4 Shrink to a Extension on some jobs. I have even done the 1-1/4 to 3/4 Shrink to a 3/4 to 1/2 extension to a 1/2 to 1/4 extension. Must use a balancer if going to run anything past 8k IMHO. Yes I have done some 15" long holders and run them at 15K against the manufactures recommendations. The trick is to ramp up the RPMs 1000k at a time giving a 5 second dwell between each.

• Like 1