Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

License confusion

SlaveCam

2 minutes ago, SlaveCam said:

Hello.

Does MillTurn always require Mill 3D+Lathe licenses to be fully functional? We have one Mill 3D, one Lathe, one MultiAxis and one MillTurn and I cannot use Mill3D while another programmer is using MillTurn and vice versa.

That is correct

Mill/Turn requires those license

When we purchased our Mill/Turn seat we also purchased an additional seat on Mill3 and Multi-axis...the seat of lathe we didn't own so that was required

Edited by Guest
9 minutes ago, SlaveCam said:

Is there a list somewhere explaining what license is required for each toolpath? I'm particularly interested in Mill vs Mill3D comparison, because we are about to purchase another license but have to decide if vanilla Mill will be sufficient.

Not that I am aware of...pretty easy though

If you're going to do any real 3D milling. you'll want Mill 3D......if it's mainly 2D...Mill will likely suffice...

Found something by a reseller

http://macdac.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Mill-with-entry-level-comparison-chart_hires.pdf

Edited by Guest
1 hour ago, SlaveCam said:

Not even surface finish parallel or flowline? 😯

I guess all 2D HST is there.

With regular Mill, you can use Flowline, but you are limited to one surface at a time. I think it will do multi-surf Parallel finish, but that's the only finishing path that takes more than one surface as input, without having a Mill 3D license.

I would not want to run Mastercam without Mill 3D. Actually, running without multi-axis is also a drag. There are plenty of 3X finishing paths from Moduleworks that give you awesome capabilities, including the advanced Linking options.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/4/2018 at 3:28 PM, gcode said:

We have the same problem with our Okima VTM-12000 post (not MT)

It is a 5 axis lathe and when using that machine definition, it consumes a Mill3D license, a lathe license and a multiaxis license

If you had the intention of using the Okuma and only required Mill 2D operations but not Multiaxis, you could use a custom shortcut to launch Mastercam - I think ' "C:\Program Files\Mcam2019\Mastercam.exe" /M2 /noX5 ' should do it.  The other options to enable/disable products are in the Administrator Guide for 2019.

I have the feeling though that you may have already been down this road :)