Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post processor HELP

Hello, at my company we use Mastercam 2017 and have 2 Fadals: one 6030 and a new 4020. 

The 6030 uses the 88 HS control and the 4020 uses the newest 64 MP control. 

When we process files to use on the new Fadal 4020, we need to make changes to the code in the NC file. The changes are the following:

Change E1 to G54.

Change H6 to G43.

Change E0 to G28.

Eliminate G8.

Change letters K for Q.

Please provide help to see how to solve this!

Thanks!

You'll need to edit the Post Processor, like Metalmerker mentioned.

From what you've posted, it appears that Fadal finally decided to standardize their control formatting to match "generic Fanuc" code.

You would be better off taking one of the "Generic Fanuc 3X or 4X Mill Posts", and using that as a base Post to start with.

This is of course, assuming that you have a legitimate Mastercam license, and are not using pirated software. If you don't have a legal license of Mastercam, you should quit your job and go find a company that doesn't steal software!

Please send Daniel Gringas, one of the forum moderators, a Private Message, so we can confirm that you are using a legal software license... 

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

You'll need to edit the Post Processor, like Metalmerker mentioned.

From what you've posted, it appears that Fadal finally decided to standardize their control formatting to match "generic Fanuc" code.

You would be better off taking one of the "Generic Fanuc 3X or 4X Mill Posts", and using that as a base Post to start with.

This is of course, assuming that you have a legitimate Mastercam license, and are not using pirated software. If you don't have a legal license of Mastercam, you should quit your job and go find a company that doesn't steal software!

Please send Daniel Gringas, one of the forum moderators, a Private Message, so we can confirm that you are using a legal software license... 

Colin, we do use a legal license of Mastercam. Their reseller couldn´t help us to solve this. I´ll try the Generic Fanuc posts.

• Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, Mauricio DH said:

Colin, we do use a legal license of Mastercam. Their reseller couldn´t help us to solve this. I´ll try the Generic Fanuc posts.

Thank you for confirming that. I love helping people solve their Post Processor issues, and I'm happy to help you as well. The members of this forum are just careful to make sure we are helping those that deserve the help. You'd be surprised how many pirates there are who come here looking for "free" help.

When you are looking to change formatting for output variables, look for a Format Assignment Line. The FA lines look like this:

fmt  "Q"  2  peck$

The "MP Post Language" is a "column dependent" script. This means that the "position" of the 1st character on the line has special importance.

• Any line that begins with a character in the '1st column', tells MP that what follows is a definition of 'something'. It could be a variable initialization, a global formula, or the 'start of a Post Block'. The key is that there is no spaces before the 1st character.
  • Any line that has 1 or more spaces that follow (in other words, the lines are indented from the 1st column), is a continuation of a Post Block.
  • Post Blocks are "chunks of code" that get executed 'top to bottom', while the Post is reading NCI data, in 2-line sets.
  • Format Assignments are used for variables where the "string" portion of the variable is 'fixed', and only the numbers after the string change.
  • MP has a separate mechanism called a String Select Function, where the output of the variable changes in response to the 'input' from the NCI File. A good example of this is the String Select for "Motion", where the output could be "G0", "G1", "G2", "G3", or "G4", based on the input from the NCI File, and the output is "Modal", meaning the output is only forced to the NC File, when the value changes.

In the example above, there are "4" distinct parameters on that line:

• "fmt" is the "identifier" for what follows on the line. The 'fmt' indicates to MP that the line is a Format Assignment line. What follows is the "prefix" string, the Format Statement Number, and finally the Variable that is the target of the assignment. Technically, this is the 1st parameter.
  • The 2nd Parameter that follows the "fmt" is the Prefix String, that will be applied to the variable. Typically this is a single character ("A", "B", "C", "D", ect.), but could be any set of characters that you want to precede the variable output. Put the character(s) between the double quotes.
  • The 3rd Parameter is the "Format Statement" that you want applied to the variable. The FS tells MP "how to format the 'number' portion" of the variable being output. For example, if you want decimal output, but limited to 4 decimal places (standard numeric output), you would use a '2'. For "integer" output (no decimal point, and no decimal place values), you would use a '4'. There is a list of the Format Statements somewhere in your Post. (Try searching for 'fs2')
  • The 4th Parameter is the actual variable name that the formatting gets applied to. Variables that end in a dollar sign ($) are predefined variables. This means that they are already defined by the MP.DLL Post Engine.
  • There is an optional 5th Parameter String, that can follow the variable name, and is a "suffix string". This is rarely used (I don't believe the default Posts have any suffixes applied), but can be handy for things like "Macro B Variable output".

If all of this sounds confusing, I'd encourage you to think about signing up for a Post Processor Class. (Shameless plug: I happen to teach online Post Processor Development courses. Click the link in my signature for more info...)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Mauricio DH said:

Their reseller couldn´t help us to solve this.

I highly doubt they can't help. It's more likely they don't want to, or that they have a good reason not to.  If a reseller can't help with simple post edits like this they shouldn't be a reseller. I'd be highly annoyed as a customer if I was treated this way.

Where are you located?

• Like 2