Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Force Tool Change won't stay checked....

Greg_J

Hello,

I'm using MC2019 update2 and while using a Curve 5 axis tool path I check Force Tool Change the toolpath goes dirty I regen and when I go back into the toolpath it's unchecked.

I tried to post it with out going back in and seeing it unchecked and it's is not forcing the tool change.

I've done the same thing for a Multiaxis - Parallel toolpath but it stays checked.

It's working on other programs but not for the curve 5 axis program.

Any ideas?

TIA

Greg

Been using it in 2019 with no issues on some 200 and 300 operation files. What I am seeing like just about every version of X is the need to delete operations that get something stuck in them. We all know about the memory leaks and when doing too much having to shut down Mastercam or run the repair file, but even then sometimes an operation will just hold on to something. Best to just delete it and make a new one and then all that effort you will see was wasted.

Thanks Ron.

On all my Curve 5 axis tool paths the check box won't stay checked but I have a Multi axis Parallel tool path that will stay checked.

The other thing that doesn't seem to work for me in 2019 is the stock model operation. I'm using it the same way as I did in 2018 with force tool path checked but now it seems to ignore that and completely destroy the stock model when moving from plane to plane. Back to using stl files for the time being.

I was advised to delete all of Mastercam's from my computer and do a fresh install, I have files from X6 on this computer.

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding this issue of Force Tool Change not staying checked.

I had some issues with my config file it some how was corrupt and it was creating issues for me (I can list the issues if anyone is interested), during file migration it became corrupt.

What files would be associated with these tool path settings and could they be corrupted too? Could that be causing the issue? Ron you said you don't have this issue and seeing how dead this topic is it's not causing issues with too many other people.

I can't remember any X version where force tool change worked reliably? Ie Force tool change is selected but isn't output in the code, and the opposite - force tool change is not selected (but previously was), and it forces the tool change in the code. The only thing you can do is delete the tool path, and make a new one, but even that doesn't work all the time. Sometimes you have to make a whole new file, which sucks when you have hundreds of operations.

7 hours ago, Greg_J said:

Same with me.

Currently Curve 5 Axis and Flow 5 Axis won't out put a tool change.

I don't have any problem with it but I recall having to set it in my defaults in 2017 to get it to stick.

Try editing your defaults.

• 4 months later...
On 10/3/2018 at 11:32 AM, Sticky said:

I can't remember any X version where force tool change worked reliably? Ie Force tool change is selected but isn't output in the code, and the opposite - force tool change is not selected (but previously was), and it forces the tool change in the code. The only thing you can do is delete the tool path, and make a new one, but even that doesn't work all the time. Sometimes you have to make a whole new file, which sucks when you have hundreds of operations.

Do you use canned text? I used to have problems like that with almost all the jobs that had canned text. I tried adding an "empty" canned text on the first operation and it fixed my issues. Now all of my templates have the "empty" text 100 on the first operation.