Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Horizontal mill programing

Otorres

1 hour ago, Grimes said:

so long story short youre programming in .eia? ok. 5th you helped me out more than you will know. thanks

Yes, the output from a properly configured Mazak Post for Mastercam would output EIA code.

The other answer is when you are programming holes, pockets, and contours, Mazatrol does just fine. But try and program a mold cavity or aerospace part, with complex surfaces. Mazatrol lacks that capability. You'd be there for hours just trying to program one surface. Also, Mazatrol is a 3-Axis only solution. What happens when you need to put a 4th Axis rotary table on the machine? With Mastercam, I can setup the software to program from the Center of Rotation, set a Work Offset on the machine at the rotary center, and literally program just about any complex part, in minutes or hours. Try programming a complex hydraulic manifold with Ports and intersecting cross-holes, that has sculpted surfaces on the outside of the part. You'd be standing in front of the machine for a week, with barely any progress to show for it, and I'd be done in 6-8 hours.

Take it a step further, and instead of 3 or 4 axis Mazak, what if you got a Vari-axis? The place I'm at now has a Variaxis 630 and 730 machines. I couldn't imagine sitting in front of a 5-axis machine, and programming a part manually at the control. It just isn't an efficient use of your time...

Now this is using the base 2018 MPMaster post from this site....

This is how I would setup a single part to be machined.....

I will note the post did not output the B0 for the single position, my Mazak post does....it is done so the guys on the floor, if the B0 face is in use they can choose another B position.

iQAU7ln.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ql4w1eyq79ku6k/SINGLE PART TOMBSTONE.ZIP?dl=0

• 2 months later...
On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 2:08 PM, Mark VIII said:

UHHH, okay? Why don't you want MC posting B angles? I worked with a few people who used to think the same way. It took a few slaps upside the head before the finally saw the light.

Sorry about not getting back to you, I thought about doing that; but its very rare when we need to program rotations into the machine. When we do use them, its mainly for production runs on our mass production parts - which the program+drawing hasn't been changed in years.

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:37 PM, jlw™ said:

It's all I hear all the time, Mazatrol, Mazatrol, Mazatrol... hey, can you program this right quick?

Make Mazatrol great again?

I like mazatrol for simple things, that's where it shines.  I've also experienced programming with mazatrol on not so simple products.  JLW is correct, it has limitations because if you want to use a 1/8" mill for a .145 wide slot, mazatrol becomes fussy and you might have to use a smaller mill for it in order for the arc in to work and by the time you start making chips, your mastercam programmer had already programmed this part and then some.