Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Don't copy Transform operations from different WCS

crazy^millman

Chased a weird one this morning. I have roughing and finishing operations for a part using the same tools. OP3 WCS is 90 degrees to the OP4 WCS. I copied the transform operation from OP3 to OP4. Re picked the operation and backplotted and posting looks perfect. My issue came when I was using Machine sim. The 1st operations before transform the part is sitting on the table correct. Then it goes to the transform and the tool, head and part gets kicked over 90 degrees. I go back and double check everything and even make a video to send to QC. Then I remembered Mastercam is not giving you the whole picture with regards to transform operations. The WCS and T-C Planes are kept in the transform operation memory. A snap shot is taken and though there is nothing on the backplot or posting that would alert you to this Machine sim shows it. Once I deleted the transform operations and redid them using the correct WCS and T-C Planes Machine sim was happy, but just one of these things I want others to be aware of so you don't go chasing a self created issue.

Have a good day. 👍

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...