Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

machine simulation

ANESIMIN

• 8 months later...

We're considering investing in machine simulators to train entry-level machinists coming out of technical school. We've looked at Vericut and FANUC so far. We're trying to determine if a simulator can actually take someone out of tech school, or someone with machine operator experience, and train them to be a true CNC setup-level machinist (someone who can setup, operate, edit and inspect). Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody has an answer to this?? I asked myself this exact same question earlier this year.

I didn't pursue it any further because I realized that if I really want this type of simulation to work for me it will be better to have it linked to the post. In-house solutions can link the simulation to the post for you. If it's not linked to the post, the simulation may not be accurate enough to prove your program rendering your efforts to revise the position of the 4th axis useless.

Better to have it linked to the post. 

• 2 weeks later...