Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Feedrate reduction for last depth pass?

Leon82

18 minutes ago, Mark VIII said:

So, now you know why stock update is important. Kinda like answering your own question.

You are aware stock model works in Lathe now correct? I have to also assume you are aware of using ghosted operation to remove stock? I have to also assume you know that end of the day we do what we need to get the job done. If anyone has it in their mind not to do their best and make parts parts from the get they will not be long for this profession. Yes stock update is important didn't say it wasn't, but if you approach your process correctly you can do anything you need to do in Mastercam lathe without stock update. Programmed many good parts with a pencil and paper and never had anything but my imagination to see what was going on.

Not sure why your so upset having to use Mastercam again, but that was not my decision. That was also not the decision on anyone else who is coming to this forum looking for help.

Of course I am aware that SM works on lathe. I am also aware of the limitations of SM. And, I am also aware of the desire for the OP to mill a finish pass in one operation instead of 2. MC has been around for what, 25 Fin years and it cannot figure out the easiest sht on the planet? Don't they have any machinists there?

I guess you and I look at things differently. You look at it as mastercam as if it is the best software on the planet and HOW DARE anyone have a complaint no matter what it's bugs are. I look at it as WTF were the geniuses thinking and don't they ever test their sht before releasing it and why haven't they fixed these 10 year old bugs before adding more frivolous garbage, and why can't we STILL get default settings to stick on things as simple as bounding box or feature selection?

Sorry, I do not share your love for this software. I am not getting paid to advertise how wonderful MC is. I also did not get paid by MC to go through nearly 2 months of troubleshooting MC4SW and having to constantly prove to them that their lathe product was full of bugs that nearly brought our shop to it's knees. File after file after file we sent them, that we had to create AT OUR EXPENSE because they did not want to take the time to create the files (that we described perfectly to them) to evaluate the situation. 

So, I am not sure why you take this personally, unless you have a financial stake in MC products, but you need to back off of people that have legitimate gripes about a product that is more about workarounds than actually working.

One thing you said in the past that I agree with is that you are mean. Lighten up!

22 hours ago, Mark VIII said:

Of course I am aware that SM works on lathe. I am also aware of the limitations of SM. And, I am also aware of the desire for the OP to mill a finish pass in one operation instead of 2. MC has been around for what, 25 Fin years and it cannot figure out the easiest sht on the planet? Don't they have any machinists there?

I guess you and I look at things differently. You look at it as mastercam as if it is the best software on the planet and HOW DARE anyone have a complaint no matter what it's bugs are. I look at it as WTF were the geniuses thinking and don't they ever test their sht before releasing it and why haven't they fixed these 10 year old bugs before adding more frivolous garbage, and why can't we STILL get default settings to stick on things as simple as bounding box or feature selection?

Sorry, I do not share your love for this software. I am not getting paid to advertise how wonderful MC is. I also did not get paid by MC to go through nearly 2 months of troubleshooting MC4SW and having to constantly prove to them that their lathe product was full of bugs that nearly brought our shop to it's knees. File after file after file we sent them, that we had to create AT OUR EXPENSE because they did not want to take the time to create the files (that we described perfectly to them) to evaluate the situation. 

So, I am not sure why you take this personally, unless you have a financial stake in MC products, but you need to back off of people that have legitimate gripes about a product that is more about workarounds than actually working.

One thing you said in the past that I agree with is that you are mean. Lighten up!

Nope never said it was the best and have my share of grips. Sorry I thought this was a board to help people I will just let you help like you have been doing and see who is really the mean one. All the best and have a great day.