Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Upgraded

junky programmer

The 2 other guys where i work swear X7 was the worst version they saw in sometime....I worked right through it with few issues...

It'll depend on you more than anything else but I am quite happy with 2019

For me...…….the software works, but is far from an upgrade. If you are fast with X7, you will be dreadfully slow with 2019. There is so much needless complication. Things that were so easy to access quickly have been replaced with much less intuitive means. Individual results will vary.

Carmen

• Like 5
12 minutes ago, Redfire427 said:

For me...…….the software works, but is far from an upgrade. If you are fast with X7, you will be dreadfully slow with 2019. There is so much needless complication. Things that were so easy to access quickly have been replaced with much less intuitive means. Individual results will vary.

Carmen

That depends entirely on what you're doing with MC2019

I easily do parts in MC2019, that would barely run at all in X7.

There are quantum leaps in performance of stock model and many new features in the advance 5X toolpaths

2D and 3D opitrough paths have been upgraded at well

3 hours ago, CJep said:

I spoke with someone who felt Mcam V9 was the best version ever and in the same conversation complained that he couldn't open the SWorks files his customer was sending him.

I save the files from Solidworks as X_B and everything works great.

2 hours ago, David Colin said:

It will take you time and effort to learn and customize 2019 GUI...  finally you will get used to and you should be happy !

So it's broken out of the box, and every user has to fix it before it becomes usable.

I'd be happier if I had the old V9 interface where I could use single keystrokes to execute commands without preceding everything with <Alt>.  Both major UI revisions have been a step backwards in efficiency.

• Like 3
51 minutes ago, Matthew Hajicek™ - Conventus said:

Both major UI revisions have been a step backwards in efficiency.

THIS^^^^^+++++++++. Let's talk about that Fin, GD, next-to-uselessly-customizable-ribbon-bar. AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I have resorted to putting just about all of the "features"  I need in the right click dialog just to try and get as far from it as possible.

5 hours ago, CJep said:

I spoke with someone who felt Mcam V9 was the best version ever and in the same conversation complained that he couldn't open the SWorks files his customer was sending him.

Its been fun going around and registering that swdocumentmgr.dll 16 times... then 16 times after the mastercam2019-update2-patch... not impressed

12 minutes ago, CJep said:

I believe the argument has more to do with the Microsoft UI, most all current Windows programs are running a ribbon based interface

1. Not every program that runs in windows has to use the ribbon.  Games are a perfect example; they require fast and efficient input of large numbers of functions, and I don't know a single one that uses a ribbon.

2. Microsoft's own UI design guidelines describe the types of software that should and should not use the Ribbon.  Mastercam checks almost every box for the do not use category.

An example of what not to do:

ribboncalc.jpg