Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Laebs

Hello everyone,

Can someone please help me with the attached part.  I am still stupid (learning)😀😥  LOL 

Anyways, I need to machine a groove wound around a shaft diameter.  I would appreciate any help at all but if possible could you explain in a rudimentary way.  I would not want misunderstand.

How can I create a line at the bottom of the groove in order to generate my tool path

Should I use a lathe button tool or a 1/16 ball end mill.

Is there anything else I am not thinking about.

Thank you so much.  This site and you guys are fantastic I am so happy I found it and became a member.

MachineGroove.mcam

HAha  first I'd better say right off the bat,  no it is not,  but I sat here and chuckled for a good 5 seconds after reading (which when you think about it 🤔 is a really long time).

because on the shop floor they refer to it as exactly that type of device.

Thank you I will attempt to do as you have instructed.  Is it okay to come back with any questions?

1 minute ago, CJep said:

About toolpaths,..

Yes, careful with the other Sir Daniel would not approve.

Yes Sir I know.  I only responded to answer the other gentleman's reply to my question.  I have to say I love you posted quote by Mr Lee

Hmm, I selected wireframe, curve slice, curve flowline, the dialog box came up I left it alone and then green check.  Can you tell me if I am right so far.  Also how do I create the line at the bottom?  Do I have to find an Icon for "create Helix" ?

Could you please possibly break it down step by step? 

Thanks so much.239467740_emastercamquestion.thumb.gif.996897e16dc6084bd34d358c8e663c4b.gif237793748_emastercamquestion2.thumb.gif.43b16c7eeeabc740b1a742610925efc8.gif