Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

tip's for starting multiaxis (kind of vices,endmills,etc)

12 hours ago, Vincent Bergeron said:

Any suggestion of tooling to buy start machining with multiaxis ???

Shoot link or photos!

That is a really open-ended question. Almost to vague to know where to start.

What kind of parts is your shop making? What size of parts? Do you need a machine that will cut parts the size of a baseball, a football, a hockey stick, or a yacht hull?

Are you looking for a volumetric accuracy of .010, .005, .002, .001, .0005, or .0002?

If this is your first foray into 5X, and you've got no experience with them, get a Haas UMC-750. That is probably the best bang for your buck, as someone new to 5X. Now, if you told me you were doing smallish parts, with tight tolerances, I'd recommend a Matsuura MAM 72-V. Of course it is about 3-4X the price of the UMC, but will hold tolerances the Haas could never hit.

If you were building huge structures, I'd say get something like a SNK gantry. 

We have a quick change receiver on all our 5 axis machines. We use the Shunck Vero S on ours. Helps keep the spindle running by minimizing setup time.

For tool holders we use Big Kaiser holders for 90% of the tools.

Without knowing more details, I'm not sure what else to say 

• Like 1

WE HAVE A MATSUURA MX-850 WITH SANDVIK HYDRAULIC HOLDER AND WE  DOING PIECE FROM 1X1X1 TO 20X20X5 AND I HAVE TO USE ENDMILLE FROM .040(1MM) TO 1.000(25MM).

WE NEED AT LEAST .0005 ACCURACY

AT THE MOMMENT I HAVE A  CHEESE PLATE, A RISER, QUICK CONNECT PLATE(LANG),2LANG VICE,ER40 FIXTURE, 

IVE HEARD ABOUT A ANGLE PLATE TO MINIMIIZE ROTATION OF THE TABLE ?!?...