Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Why do These 5X drill ops crash?

lowcountrycamo

This program contains 2 5x drill paths 180 degrees apart.  Posted separately they are fine but when posted together, when the second drill op starts it goes through part, then back up, then drills where it should.  I guess this needs some 5x linking but why?  This is not a criticism, I just want to understand why, and where to look out for this.  My verify does not wipe out  the  part as it usually does with 5x crashes like this. 

Thank you,  Steve A 

5X DRILL CRASH.MIN

5X DRILL CRASH.mcam

5x crash.PNG

5X DRILL CRASH.ZIP

2 minutes ago, Matthew Hajicek™ - Conventus said:

Could also have something to do with how your post was written.  My post from Postability is really good about retracting before indexing without me having to tell it to.

I think his issue is that if he drills both holes in a single Op, the Post works, but Verify crashes.

Steve, have you considered paying a Post Developer to hook up your Post to Mach Sim? At least that way you'd get a simulation that would actually match your G-code Program...

1 minute ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

I think his issue is that if he drills both holes in a single Op, the Post works, but Verify crashes.

Steve, have you considered paying a Post Developer to hook up your Post to Mach Sim? At least that way you'd get a simulation that would actually match your G-code Program...

I had not until now.  Today that would be money well spent

• Like 1